Launching of OctaneRender™ for Maya®

Forums: Launching of OctaneRender™ for Maya®
Read about News and Updates regarding Octane Render in this forum.
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Re: Launching of OctaneRender™ for Maya®

Postby RickToxik » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:10 pm

RickToxik Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:10 pm
Freyr wrote:Hi guys. I`m thinking about buying octane for maya. How buggy is it nowadays? Can it render maya`s fluids/particles/ hairs ? Render layers, displacement map. What about material presets? (Wood, water, stone, glass, etc)

Why i can`t find demo on site?

Thanks

Hi Freyr,

I really love octane for maya. I started using it about one year ago, and I consider it as stable as any other renderer now.

It does not render fluids, but you can instance through particle (geometry instaning), so if you want particles you can instance spheres to act as dots, for example, or full geometry and it is REAL fast. My personnal opinion is that octaneis not only faster, but it produces more appealing images too.

I think that it does support render layer, not 100% sure, supports dynamic simulations of geometry (collisions, forces, etc), not hair yet I think. Displacement I don't know but it does support normal maps and bumping.

There is a "LiveDB" library containing many material presets and they are beautiful. Octane worths 10x its cost. Remember you have to own BOTH octane render standalone AND octane for maya to have it work in maya.
RickToxik
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby sampakinpa » Mon May 27, 2013 1:28 pm

sampakinpa Mon May 27, 2013 1:28 pm
Hi.
I want to buy multiple maya plugin licenses to run on several machines. Do I need to buy a standalone license for each machine running maya plugin? or a one standalone license for all the machines is enough?
2x Xeon E5-2620, 32 GB RAM, 4X GTX1080ti, Windows 10, Octane 3 for Maya 2018, Radeon HD6450 for disply BRIO Animation ltd
sampakinpa
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby kurtjn » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:14 pm

kurtjn Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:14 pm
Hi Jim, will there be a free update to support Maya 2014? I was sure I read it some where that updates would be free. I bought the plugin having it in mind that it would receive a free updates. My purchase was fairly recent -during this time of the 2014 version of Maya. I am getting ready to buy Maya but I want to avoid the 2013 and older versions due to the major improvements of the 2014 version.
Asus G75V Win 8 Pro 64 | Geforce GTX660M 2GB| i7 3610QM 2.3GHZ | 8GB | Octane Render for Maya 2014 V 1.20
kurtjn
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby JimStar » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:51 pm

JimStar Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:51 pm
kurtjn wrote:Hi Jim, will there be a free update to support Maya 2014? I was sure I read it some where that updates would be free. I bought the plugin having it in mind that it would receive a free updates. My purchase was fairly recent -during this time of the 2014 version of Maya. I am getting ready to buy Maya but I want to avoid the 2013 and older versions due to the major improvements of the 2014 version.

Yes, I'm just working on adding the 2014 support right now...;)
JimStar
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby kurtjn » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:19 pm

kurtjn Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:19 pm
Awesome! thanks Jim!
Asus G75V Win 8 Pro 64 | Geforce GTX660M 2GB| i7 3610QM 2.3GHZ | 8GB | Octane Render for Maya 2014 V 1.20
kurtjn
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby kurtjn » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:42 am

kurtjn Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:42 am
Will OctaneRender work with "Carbon Scatter" as the main renderer for it? On e-on's website it states the following: "
Supported Renderers

Rendering of the Carbon Scatter scene elements is entirely done by the host application's renderer.

Compatibility

A license of Carbon Scatter 2 can be used with all of the compatible applications and renderers installed on your system.

Supported Renderers
•Carbon Scatter 2 for 3ds Max works with MentalRay and V-Ray renderers.
•Carbon Scatter 2 for Maya works with MentalRay, and V-Ray renderers.
•Carbon Scatter 2 for Cinema4D works with the native renderer, and should work with all other renderers that are compatible with Cinema4D instances*. Such renderers include VrayC4D or m4d (mental ray for Cinema4D) for instance.

* At this point, we cannot guarantee that all such renderers will work. A Trial version of Carbon Scatter 2 is available.
We recommend that test your current setup using the trial version to verify compatibility, prior to placing your order"
---------------------------

It would be good to know in advance if Octane is fully compatible, the speed combining these two plugins could be incredible!
kurtjn
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby sglading » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:47 am

sglading Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:47 am
I have the same error message when I try to activate.

I've tried two logins - my otoy account login (with username same as this post), and the license login I got for the trial of vr for maya (with a randomly generated username "OVR_#########"), and neither seem to work.

Can't seem to figure out how to get this to go.. any help or links to pertinent info would be much appreciated :)
sglading

Postby abreukers » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:41 am

abreukers Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:41 am
sglading wrote:I have the same error message when I try to activate.

I've tried two logins - my otoy account login (with username same as this post), and the license login I got for the trial of vr for maya (with a randomly generated username "OVR_#########"), and neither seem to work.

Can't seem to figure out how to get this to go.. any help or links to pertinent info would be much appreciated :)

Hi there, to activate the Maya for vr plugin you'll need two sets of subscription license keys:
1) octaneVR standalone
2) octaneVR plugin for maya
If you don't have a subscription license yet of the octanVR standalone, just go back to the metaverse page http://home.otoy.com/vr-competition and unde the OctanVR Download section select " Download OctaneVR" button, this will generate a free OctaneVR standalone OVR_xxxxxxx key for you which will be valid until 15th Aug.
i72630QM @ 2.00GHz | 6GB RAM | 2GB GeForce GT 540M | Win7 64bit
abreukers
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Previous

Return to News & Announcements