OctaneRender® for DAZ 3D Studio® beta-testers wanted

Forums: OctaneRender® for DAZ 3D Studio® beta-testers wanted
Read about News and Updates regarding Octane Render in this forum.
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

OctaneRender® for DAZ 3D Studio® beta-testers wanted

Postby abreukers » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:21 am

abreukers Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:21 am
===============================

EDIT: These positions are now filled:

Hi all,

We have chosen 5 candidates and will commence our private beta tests.
The candidates will be contacted privately. ( please check your PM boxes)

Many thanks to all who offered to assist with the private beta test.
A message for all those interested... the plugin product will be available very soon.

===============================

Hi Everyone,

We are proud to announce the availability of another new product, similar to our recently made available 3ds max, maya and XSI plugin products, but this time for Daz Studio.

As the software is nearing beta phase, and will be released in a few weeks as an ongoing beta-program product, alongside the 3ds max, Maya, Autodesk XSI and standalone versions of OctaneRender(R), we would like to setup a small group of 5 experienced Daz Studio users to help us test the new plugin product before we release it.

We need 5 people who own a copy of DAZ Studio 3 AND 4, latest version each; all packages (Free/Advanced/Pro) will do, currently for MS Windows(TM) platforms only - either x32 or x64, and who are experienced with its use, as well as being experienced OctaneRender(R) users.
These people will need to be established/familiar forum users from our community and will have to sign a non-disclosure agreement prior to becoming part of the beta group.

If you think you have what it takes, and would like to participate,
please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your experience with Daz Studio and OctaneRender(R) Standalone.

We will pick the 5 participants once we have enough applicants.
Note that new people/unfamiliar people need not apply as they won't be chosen.
In return for your help in testing the new product, you will receive a free copy/license of it, which you can keep when the beta testing period is over.

Yours,
The OctaneRender(R) Team.
i72630QM @ 2.00GHz | 6GB RAM | 2GB GeForce GT 540M | Win7 64bit
abreukers
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Re: OctaneRender® for DAZ 3D Studio® beta-testers wanted

Postby danstriker » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:26 am

danstriker Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:26 am
quite happy :lol:
Cinema4d R14 - VrayC4D - Octane Render - Maxwell Render - Indigo Render
danstriker
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby C3Design » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:15 pm

C3Design Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:15 pm
I'd love to participate in this Beta, please count me in. THanks!
C3Design Yacht Design and Visualization
www.c111design.com

i7 920, GTX260/GT8300, 9GB, Win7, Rhino, Poser, Sculptris, Daz3D, Brazil
C3Design
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby teecee2107 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:42 pm

teecee2107 Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:42 pm
Hey, that's good news !

I would have been tempted to participate at the beta-tests, but, unfortunately, I don't think that I 'have what it takes' ...
But i'm really intersted by the plugin anyway.
Core 2 Quad Q9400 | 8Gb | Zotac 580 GTX 3 Gb | Windows 7 64bits | Octane 1.11 | Nvidia Driver 310.70
teecee2107
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby 1drworx » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:22 pm

1drworx Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:22 pm
I would love to test for you. The beta product works great.
25 years as an illustrator and currently use DAZ 4 Pro, zbrush 4 and Blender
for model creation for my paintings. Have extensive experience with Daz studio from the beginning.

Intel quad core, GTX 460, 16 g ram.
Last edited by 1drworx on Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
I7 2600k | EVGA gtx 660ti 2gb | Win 8 x64 | 16gb RAM
1drworx
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby MEC4D » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:32 pm

MEC4D Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:32 pm
Count me in , I am using DS4 Pro and 14 years of experiences .
GTX 460M at this moment but after testing exported scene from DS4 as OBJ manually I am sold ...what a difference in time and quality
I am using it daily for my business so I will spend plenty of time on it
MEC4D
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby r-username » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:57 pm

r-username Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:57 pm
I can give you an objective view of the plugin.

My current workflow is to model scenes in Sketchup using that exporter to fine tune the scene in octane, then I bring the scene obj into DAZ to add characters, then I export both the scene and the genesis character with clothing, pose, hair into Octand for a final render.

I have opted to export obj from DAZ thus far because I have an octane scene template for each of my genesis characters (import the new mesh) and it works for most of my projects. I have done about 300 to 400 render exports, and about 75 full DAZ scene exports to octane.

The biggest use for a plugin would be for exporting animation, character morphs, and hair always seems to be a problem. I have win7 64, DAZ studio pro and advanced 4.0 (do not have 3.0) and about $600. Of genesis character morphs, skin textures and clothing.

A few notes on the atypical DAZ user and community:

- a large segment of the user base is not that technically advanced when it comes to common 3d technology like image maps, textures, and lighting. Things need to be point and click for the most part.

- the more advanced user base is very protective of the reality exporter that sends Daz scenes to lux render. I have been in a few discussion on the topic of gpu rendering and seem to get very touchy on any option other than the reality exporter, and usually it has nothing to do with quality or speed of the renders.

Cheers,
Stephen
i7 960 - W7x64 - 12 GB - 2x GTX 780ti
http://www.startsimple.com/ - http://www.gigavr.com/
r-username
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby MEC4D » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:14 am

MEC4D Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:14 am
Stephen, they are so protective as they don't know better and most of them don't even know what is Octane at all , Lux-render started now with SLG GPU rendering also and the users started to like it better , but not knowing what they can do more with GPU rendering argue with me that this is nonsense and not future ..
so time to show them the real light ! and the eyes will follow .. I use Lux-render and also tested the SLG but that is still to primitive can't even compare at this moment until it evolve to the next level,
and I agree with you about the animation export that would be the hot spot in the plugin as DS is more animation oriented that architectural composition software
so animation export is a most for the success of this plugin in the future.

Cath

P.S regarding to the lazy click button people is true but Octane is for Artists that have understanding of Photography at last if they want to create realism , as the best of the world camera will not make the best pictures for you if you only know how to click a button
MEC4D
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby t_3 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:10 am

t_3 Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:10 am
r-username wrote:- the more advanced user base is very protective of the reality exporter that sends Daz scenes to lux render. I have been in a few discussion on the topic of gpu rendering and seem to get very touchy on any option other than the reality exporter, and usually it has nothing to do with quality or speed of the renders.

maybe true, but that's subject to change ;) i did use reality and lux, and was sold to octane (literally :)) when i did the first test last year. the quality is nothing short of lux (even better imo), the speed of octane is matchless (lux with opencl gpu rendering is still way slower) and having a tight integration is that far superior to any exporting plugin in terms of workflow and speed, it even can't be compared :D

also i don't think that animations should be a problem for an integrated plugin because it is just a frame-forward and start rendering again. exporters of course have a lot more to handle to render animations but an integrated renderer should do this by nature (and fast)...
The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply

1x i7 2600K @5.0 (Asrock Z77), 16GB, 2x Asus GTX Titan 6GB @1200/3100/6200
2x i7 2600K @4.5 (P8Z68 -V P), 12GB, 1x EVGA GTX 580 3GB @0900/2200/4400
t_3

Postby r-username » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:49 am

r-username Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:49 am
t_3 wrote: the quality is nothing short of lux (even better imo), the speed of octane is matchless (lux with opencl gpu rendering is still way slower) and having a tight integration is that far superior to any exporting plugin in terms of workflow and speed, it even can't be compared :D

I agree, that's why I use octane as my main render engine (including all my DAZ renders). This is because I focused on the rendered result and the gpu speed, let's hope that the DAZ community will focus on the end result.

Cheers,
S
i7 960 - W7x64 - 12 GB - 2x GTX 780ti
http://www.startsimple.com/ - http://www.gigavr.com/
r-username
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Next

Return to News & Announcements