OctaneRender® for Autodesk® Maya® beta-testers wanted

Forums: OctaneRender® for Autodesk® Maya® beta-testers wanted
Read about News and Updates regarding Octane Render in this forum.
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

OctaneRender® for Autodesk® Maya® beta-testers wanted

Postby radiance » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:32 am

radiance Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:32 am
EDIT: These positions are now filled:

Hi all,

We have chosen 5 candidates and will commence our private beta tests.
The candidates will be contacted privately. ( please check your PM boxes)

Many thanks to all who offered to assist with the private beta test.
For the rest of you, don't worry too much, the plugin product will be available very soon to everyone.

Yours,
Radiance

--------------------------

Hi all,

We are proud to announce the availability of a new product, similar to our recently made available 3ds max plugin product, but this time for Autodesk MAYA.
As the software is nearing beta phase, and will be released in a few weeks as an ongoing beta-program product, alongside the 3ds max and standalone versions of OctaneRender(R), we would like to setup a small group of 5 experienced MAYA users to help us test the new plugin product before we release it.

We need 5 people who own a copy of Autodesk MAYA 2012, 2011 and 2010, currently for MS Windows(TM) platforms only, and who are experienced with it's use, aswell as beingexperienced OctaneRender(R) users.
These people will need to be established/familiar forum users from our community and will have to sign a non-disclosure agreement prior to becoming part of the beta group.

If you think you have what it takes, and would like to participate,
please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your experience with MAYA and OctaneRender(R) Standalone.

We will pick the 5 participants once we have enough applicants.
Note that new people/unfamiliar people need not apply as they won't be chosen.
In return for your help in testing the new product, you will receive a free copy/license of it, which you can keep when the beta testing period is over.

Yours,
The OctaneRender(R) Team.
Win 7 x64 & ubuntu | 2x GTX480 | Quad 2.66GHz | 8GB
radiance

Re: OctaneRender® for Autodesk Maya beta-testers wanted

Postby tchoa » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:24 am

tchoa Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:24 am
Hi

As I would be happy to participate to this beta test, I would introduce myself as a maya a user since version 1.0, architect and self-educated coder for 7 years (as for Maya, strong experience with mel and comfortable with maya api).
I'm using Octane for about 9 months (I guess) mainly for exhibition stands or design concept renderings.
We got a full cgi nice short targeted for this summer. Nice mocap has been shot and we have the time we need to work on it on the side. So it would be a pleasure to get it rendered with Octane for Maya as it would be faster than MR or RfM (we have still time to decide on the render engine) especially if the workflow can be fast and robust (wish that instancing will be pretty well implemented).

F
Last edited by tchoa on Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Win XP x64 | Q6600 2.40GHz | 8Go | GTX470 1.28Go // Win 7 x64 | I7 Q740 1.73Ghz | 6Go | GTX460m 1.5Go
tchoa
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby thomaslee1312 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:06 am

thomaslee1312 Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:06 am
Hi, I would be happy to participate to be a beta-tester, I have used Maya since version 7.0, and for 5 years. Now I am using Maya 2011.
I have used Octane render for half year now. I have used Octane render for 3Dmax too. We also have paid much attention on GPU renderers, such as Mach studio and Arion. I should give suggestion by comparing them.
thomaslee1312
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Andrew88 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:05 pm

Andrew88 Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:05 pm
Hi

i am a experienced Maya user, and have been using it since version 6, so i have used maya for about 5-6 years
having worked on a few feature films as a renderer and lighting artist.

i have used octane render for over 2 years, learning how to use it and integrating into my projects.
also i´m very interested in fully integrating it into my rendering pipeline and replace it instead of Mental ray / Vray.

i am very interested in participating in this beta test period.

having lot´s of small projects that i want to test using octane render.

i´m hoping you will be interested :)
Andrew88
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: OctaneRender® for Autodesk® Maya® beta-testers wanted

Postby TBFX » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:18 am

TBFX Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:18 am
Hi,

I've used Maya professionally since version 1.0 (actually put my first job through the gold beta). I have set up and run three different Maya based pipelines in two different facilities and overseen the production of visual effects and animation for several television series as VFX Supervisor. I have recently been doing research into the various unbiased render solutions out there and have been working with Octane for the past seven months, it is at present leading the field for my purposes.

I currently run Maya 2012 and have some time on my hands. I would relish the opportunity to put the new Maya plugin through it's paces as this is the first step in Octane becoming a genuine production ready tool for Maya based pipelines and this is something I desperately want to see happen.

T.
TBFX
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby p3taoctane » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:28 am

p3taoctane Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:28 am
Definitely way in.
Been using Maya since before Wavefront took it over, then SGI...etc... damn I must be old : >)

Peter
Windows 7 Pro_SP 1_64 bit_48 GB Ram_Intel Xeon X5660 2.80 GHZ x2_6 580GTX_1 Quadra 4800
p3taoctane
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Br1 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:51 am

Br1 Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:51 am
You've already got your five replies, but if you need another one, here you go.
I've been using Maya since it's betas before version 1. I have worked for Alias|Wavefront support center to help customers with problems.
I'm mostly intrested with rendering and FX nowadays, and although I use Houdini a lot I still have a pretty damn godd relation with Maya !

edit : typo
Br1
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby lixai » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:05 pm

lixai Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:05 pm
count me in please :)
Core i7 860, ZOTAC GTX 580 - 3GB, 2 x GTX TITAN, 32Gb RAM
lixai
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Hawker » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:04 pm

Hawker Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:04 pm
wainting for it for a long time.. ! octane in the hypergraph ... that's cool ;)

And i'm on holiday, so i have got time for it.

++
Hawker
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Krisonrik » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:02 pm

Krisonrik Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:02 pm
Count me in, I'm Maya user since Maya 3. I do all sorts of modeling. Charater, car, environment.
Dual Lindenhurst single core Xeon 3.6Ghz with Hyperthreads, 8GB DDR-2 ECC, Geforce GTX 260
Dual Xeon 5680 3.2Ghz with Hyperthreads, 24GB DDR-3 ECC, Quadro 4800 & GTX 480
Krisonrik
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Next

Return to News & Announcements