New forum organization

Forums: New forum organization
Read about News and Updates regarding Octane Render in this forum.
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Re: New forum organization

Postby Ka Ora! » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:38 pm

Ka Ora! Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:38 pm
As a potential purchaser I would like to say that there were a bunch of useful Threads here Yesterday now they have all gone, The sparseness on the forum now would make people who didn't see the forum yesterday concerned that its unsupported. Im glad I got it running before they disappeared.
Ka Ora!

Postby radiance » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:40 pm

radiance Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:40 pm
GeoPappas wrote:How can I get to a thread that I created this morning (on a possible bug with lighting using the world map latitude/longitude)?

IMO, it was a mistake to hide all of those other forums from potential customers. IMO, leaving the forums open to the public reduced the amount of questions that you received (because people could read other threads about possible solutions). For example, I have been reading the forums for a few weeks to try and get a feel for how the software works, in order to determine if it is something that I would want to purchase. I just downloaded the demo version and have been playing with it. Whenever I had a question, I would search the forums (via Google since the search function doesn't seem to work) to look for possible solutions. Now that ability to search the forums has been drastically hampered. And a lot of the information that is posted in those threads is now hidden from potential customers. So I would expect that you will receive a lot more questions on topics that have already been answered. Anyhow, that is my opinion.

Hi,

A said, we will move back requested topics, just give me the specific ones.
The public forums are for posting questions about our demo version, so please post whatever you want to know about it.

The reason for this change is that before the forum was getting a bit of a mess,
customers posting about license key issues in public forums etc...

Also, we would like to change the way new users get information.
Instead of having to search our forums for answers, we need to provide them in an easier format.

Now that we can start with a clean slate, we can easily identify current common questions regarding the demo version and reformulate those in our FAQ.

Radiance
Win 7 x64 & ubuntu | 2x GTX480 | Quad 2.66GHz | 8GB
radiance

Postby GeoPappas » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:50 pm

GeoPappas Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:50 pm
radiance wrote:
GeoPappas wrote:How can I get to a thread that I created this morning (on a possible bug with lighting using the world map latitude/longitude)?

IMO, it was a mistake to hide all of those other forums from potential customers. IMO, leaving the forums open to the public reduced the amount of questions that you received (because people could read other threads about possible solutions). For example, I have been reading the forums for a few weeks to try and get a feel for how the software works, in order to determine if it is something that I would want to purchase. I just downloaded the demo version and have been playing with it. Whenever I had a question, I would search the forums (via Google since the search function doesn't seem to work) to look for possible solutions. Now that ability to search the forums has been drastically hampered. And a lot of the information that is posted in those threads is now hidden from potential customers. So I would expect that you will receive a lot more questions on topics that have already been answered. Anyhow, that is my opinion.

Hi,

The public forums are for posting questions about our demo version, so please post whatever you want to know about it.

The reason for this change is that before the forum was getting a bit of a mess,

Instead of having to search our forums for answers, we need to provide them in an easier format.

Now that we can start with a clean slate, we can easily identify current common questions regarding the demo version and reformulate those in our FAQ.

Radiance

Radiance:

Of course, it is your call. As I stated, I just think that it is a mistake.

Anyway, how can I get to a thread that I created this morning (on a possible bug with lighting using the world map latitude/longitude)?
GeoPappas
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby metalliandy » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:43 pm

metalliandy Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:43 pm
Can you move the thread i created about Octane crashing on start up please?

Win 7 64bit SP1 | Geforce GTX 460 768mb (275.33)| Intel i7 950 @3.1Ghz | 12GB DDR3 |
metalliandy

Postby radiance » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:55 pm

radiance Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:55 pm
GeoPappas wrote:
radiance wrote:

Hi,

Radiance

Radiance:

Of course, it is your call. As I stated, I just think that it is a mistake.

Anyway, how can I get to a thread that I created this morning (on a possible bug with lighting using the world map latitude/longitude)?

just ask me and i'll move it back.
i moved the one with lat/long back.

Radiance
Win 7 x64 & ubuntu | 2x GTX480 | Quad 2.66GHz | 8GB
radiance

Postby Enrichetto » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:01 pm

Enrichetto Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:01 pm
Dear Sirs,

I have tried to access to the Costumer Forum, but I cannot find the following:

Commercial Product News & Releases (Download here) forum in the Licensed Customer forum group

Could you kindly send me the relative instructions?

Thank you for your help, regards
Enrico
Enrichetto
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Jaberwocky » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:20 pm

Jaberwocky Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:20 pm
Enrichetto wrote:Dear Sirs,

I have tried to access to the Costumer Forum, but I cannot find the following:

Commercial Product News & Releases (Download here) forum in the Licensed Customer forum group

Could you kindly send me the relative instructions?

Thank you for your help, regards
Enrico

Enrichetto

You need to be a licensed user to access that forum as it contains the full Beta releases of the software for download to customers.

If you are looking to download the demo version to try out please go to the home screen.There are links on that page pointing to the download page for the demo software.
CPU:-AMD 1055T 6 core, Motherboard:-Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 AM3+, Gigabyte GTX 460-1GB, RAM:-8GB Kingston hyper X Genesis DDR3 1600Mhz D/Ch, Hard Disk:-500GB samsung F3 , OS:-Win7 64bit
Jaberwocky
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to News & Announcements