Hello World: OctaneRender 4 is here

Forums: Hello World: OctaneRender 4 is here
Read about News and Updates regarding Octane Render in this forum.
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Re: Hello World: OctaneRender 4 is here

Postby bepeg4d » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:29 am

bepeg4d Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:29 am
Hi Stim2,
you are using an outdated version, here is the latest one:
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=69070
ciao Beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Postby Stim2 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:06 pm

Stim2 Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:06 pm
Thank you so much! :)
Stim2
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby KeeWe » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:32 am

KeeWe Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:32 am
pixelherder wrote:I was wondering pretty much the same things - been really enjoying tinkering with the octane demo, but not quite willing to splash out knowing theres a free license tier on the horizon.
Any information/guesstimates about v4's availability would be great!

KeeWe wrote:Can you say something about the timing of new licensing system once v4 is stable? Will there be immediatley access to the new features (possible network rendering for perpetual license holder) or will we have to wait again?

I'm trying to implement some GPUs in my network but don't want to spend 300$ on a licensewhen stable v4 is just around the corner. But if it takes another couple of weeks until you offer the new tiers, I probably have no choice.

So no info on that?
6850k // 32 GB // 1080, 1080 Ti, 2080 Ti // Win 10 // C4D 19.068
KeeWe
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby mrdl2010 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:53 am

mrdl2010 Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:53 am
KeeWe wrote:
pixelherder wrote:I was wondering pretty much the same things - been really enjoying tinkering with the octane demo, but not quite willing to splash out knowing theres a free license tier on the horizon.

KeeWe wrote:Can you say something about the timing of new licensing system once v4 is stable? Will there be immediatley access to the new features (possible network rendering for perpetual license holder) or will we have to wait again?

I'm trying to implement some GPUs in my network but don't want to spend 300$ on a licensewhen stable v4 is just around the corner. But if it takes another couple of weeks until you offer the new tiers, I probably have no choice.

So no info on that?

I am also really interested in this. Someone from otoy please answer, we dont need exact date, just need an estimation.
mrdl2010

Postby AlexGTSArtist » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:09 am

AlexGTSArtist Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:09 am
Guys, help me understand.
I read on the front that Octane 4 is "here" but browsing around their site there is nothing, the only downloadable version of octane 4 says it's no longer supported (!?)
So I suppose Octane 4 is just in development?! Front page lies just to make you build hype for the new release?!
Info and UI/UX are really bad on this site.

Is this correct?
AlexGTSArtist
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Tim_Twisted » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:57 am

Tim_Twisted Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:57 am
Correct, it has been announced in March and still has only preview builds / release candidates which seem to drag on for months.
Tim_Twisted
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby PolderAnimation » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:24 pm

PolderAnimation Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:24 pm
Posted today (24st October)

“We really hope that this is the last one and we can get the stable version out next week.”
Abstrax

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=69243
Win 10 64bit | RTX 3090 | i9 7960X | 64GB
PolderAnimation
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby AlexGTSArtist » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:10 pm

AlexGTSArtist Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:10 pm
Thanks Tim and Polder
AlexGTSArtist
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Goldorak » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:25 am

Goldorak Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:25 am
KeeWe wrote:

So no info on that?

For V4 permanent licenses, there will be no price change relative to V3 when you are buying Octane as a new user. There is no upgrade fee for current V3 users moving to V4.

Once V4 is stable we are going to add USB offline dongles on the shop page for accessing the new offline mode in V4, and these will also work with 3.08. Sometime after V4 stable is out, we plan on providing a new slave only build for 10GE networks that supports up to 200 GPUs, for customers with multi-node bundles.

For $20 monthly subscriptions, the V4 update will boost max GPU count to 20 at launch. We plan to follow this up ASAP with the in development aforementioned slave only build which will let you add a second node to get up to 20 GPUs. Also coming shortly after V4 stable is a new multi DCC license update that can let you use all V4 DCC plug-ins on top of the primary one you already choose with your monthly sub.

After the commercial releases above are out, we will then be releasing a new free subscription tier of V4 on 2 GPUs, limited to certain targeted plug-ins, starting with Blender and Unity, with more rolling out later. Since we get asked this a lot - we can confirm that C4D is not one of the plug-ins currently in consideration for the 2 GPU V4 free tier.

Beyond V4, future versions with NVLink (on 2080's too) and/or RT Core acceleration - these are currently planned for boxed licensed customers at the moment.
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby davorin » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:25 pm

davorin Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:25 pm
Evnin' ;-)

These are great news..especially for the free tier blender version....guess this will attract lots of blender users like me (o;

Are there any timelines set for the licensed and free tier blender versions?

And what does "boxed licensed customers" mean in respect of RTX2080?
Is this gonna be an extra license model?

I am currently not sure which way to go...should I invest into new threadripper hardware with RTX Ti...but if RTX supports costs so much more....I am not sure....otoh if RTX support is affordable it makes sense as Blackmagic Design is also going the RTX way...so a perfect combination for me for video editing, camera tracking and dxcellent 3D compositing ;-)

thanks in advance
richard
Debian 10.2 on AMD 1950X, 64GB RAM, 2 * RTX2080Ti
Octane Blender Studio 2020.1-XB3-21.3
Blender 2.83 E_Cycles
davorin
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements