Hello World: OctaneRender 4 is here

Forums: Hello World: OctaneRender 4 is here
Read about News and Updates regarding Octane Render in this forum.
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Re: Hello World: OctaneRender 4 is here

Postby nitecap » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:13 pm

nitecap Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:13 pm
Original post - March 19
It’s almost September ..
nitecap
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:49 pm

Re: Hello World: OctaneRender 4 is here

Postby bepeg4d » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:19 pm

bepeg4d Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:19 pm
nitecap wrote:Original post - March 19
It’s almost September ..

...and a lot of test versions have been released during that time.
With v4XB4 we have added all the new features planned for v4:
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=68283
And we are at the second release candidate v4RC2:
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=68528
Happy GPU Rendering,
ciao Beppe
User avatar
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru
 
Posts: 5912
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:02 am
Location: Italy

Re: Hello World: OctaneRender 4 is here

Postby headofoliver » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:39 pm

headofoliver Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:39 pm
bepeg4d wrote:
nitecap wrote:Original post - March 19
It’s almost September ..

...and a lot of test versions have been released during that time.
With v4XB4 we have added all the new features planned for v4:
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=68283
And we are at the second release candidate v4RC2:
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=68528
Happy GPU Rendering,
ciao Beppe


Why does it say that I'm not autorized to view the topics you are linking to? I can download the plugin version of V4-RC2 but can't seem to get a hold of the standalone version? I'm a paying customer btw! :)
headofoliver
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon May 07, 2018 8:33 pm

Re: Hello World: OctaneRender 4 is here

Postby bepeg4d » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:00 am

bepeg4d Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:00 am
Hi headofoliver,
you need to access the forum with the Forum Username associated with your Otoy account.
Please check here:
https://render.otoy.com/account/index.php?
ciao Beppe
User avatar
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru
 
Posts: 5912
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:02 am
Location: Italy

Re: Hello World: OctaneRender 4 is here

Postby headofoliver » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:03 am

headofoliver Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:03 am
bepeg4d wrote:Hi headofoliver,
you need to access the forum with the Forum Username associated with your Otoy account.
Please check here:
https://render.otoy.com/account/index.php?
ciao Beppe


That was super weird. I already was logged in that way, so I just signed out, then in again and it worked! :) Thanks beppe!
headofoliver
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon May 07, 2018 8:33 pm

Re: Hello World: OctaneRender 4 is here

Postby RzK » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:18 am

RzK Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:18 am
So octane 4 plugins will be free. Are they free now as beta?
RzK
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:01 am

Re: Hello World: OctaneRender 4 is here

Postby bepeg4d » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:35 am

bepeg4d Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:35 am
No they are not free in beta phase.
Only when v4 will be officially published, the licenses will be updated.
ciao Beppe
User avatar
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru
 
Posts: 5912
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:02 am
Location: Italy

Re: Hello World: OctaneRender 4 is here

Postby KeeWe » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:37 am

KeeWe Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:37 am
Can you say something about the timing of new licensing system once v4 is stable? Will there be immediatley access to the new features (possible network rendering for perpetual license holder) or will we have to wait again?

I'm trying to implement some GPUs in my network but don't want to spend 300$ on a licensewhen stable v4 is just around the corner. But if it takes another couple of weeks until you offer the new tiers, I probably have no choice.
4790k // 32 GB // Gainward 1070 GTX Golden Sample @ 4170/2126 Mhz // Win 10 // C4D 17.048
User avatar
KeeWe
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:32 am

Re: Hello World: OctaneRender 4 is here

Postby pixelherder » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:40 am

pixelherder Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:40 am
I was wondering pretty much the same things - been really enjoying tinkering with the octane demo, but not quite willing to splash out knowing theres a free license tier on the horizon.
Any information/guesstimates about v4's availability would be great!

KeeWe wrote:Can you say something about the timing of new licensing system once v4 is stable? Will there be immediatley access to the new features (possible network rendering for perpetual license holder) or will we have to wait again?

I'm trying to implement some GPUs in my network but don't want to spend 300$ on a licensewhen stable v4 is just around the corner. But if it takes another couple of weeks until you offer the new tiers, I probably have no choice.
pixelherder
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:14 am

Re: Hello World: OctaneRender 4 is here

Postby Stim2 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:23 am

Stim2 Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:23 am
Hello.
I use Octane 4 for a while. It's pretty good to render animations.
I can't open it any more, see attached file.
What happened? Did I miss something?
Thank you for your help...
Attachments
octane4.JPG
Stim2
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:16 am
PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:05 pm [ UTC ]