ORBX.js and Octane Cloud - in the Amazon Marketplace!

Forums: ORBX.js and Octane Cloud - in the Amazon Marketplace!
Cloud services news and announcements

Re: ORBX.js and Octane Cloud - in the Amazon Marketplace!

Postby erges » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:07 pm

erges Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:07 pm
Anyone tryed octane Standalone on X.IO ? When I run it opens the dialog window for entering my details, but its impossible to write something at all... Just unable to put mouse inside this window. Its like just an image and not interactive window...... Please help if some get it works
erges
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Goldorak » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:44 pm

Goldorak Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:44 pm
If you want to use X.IO to stream standalone, you will be able to do this officially through your OTOY/ORC account right from desktop.otoy.com. You can test it right now, and use your dropbox or gdrive account to load your projects or ORBX files right into Octane.

We will be updating this build to V3 as soon as 3.03/4 is final, with support for ORC - so you can actually use Octane+ORC entirely from the web. We will the see if we can update Blender on desktop.otoy.com with direct support for the Octane plug-in baked in. This would give you another option for authoring on the web desktop beyond just SE.
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby cgltower » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:08 am

cgltower Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:08 am
I got an email from AWS saying
"We are writing to inform you that, as of 10 January 2019, OTOY will no longer offer "Octane Cloud Desktop" to new subscribers on AWS Marketplace."

So I guess this is the beginning of the end for some AWS OTOY desktops, and other AWS OTOY services, like X.IO.

How much time do I really have for X.IO? What is happening with it. We have not heard anything in years. Should I be moving off it? Forgetting it?
cgltower

Previous

Return to News & Announcements