OctaneBench Competition | Industrious | FrankPooleFloating

Forums: OctaneBench Competition | Industrious | FrankPooleFloating
Please create a topic in here for your entry into the competition.
Forum rules
Please create one topic in here for you entry into the competition.

Re: OctaneBench Competition | Industrious | FrankPooleFloati

Postby FrankPooleFloating » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:48 am

FrankPooleFloating Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:48 am
Edit: things have changed a lot since this last wip image:

Industrious_05.jpg

I have yanked the signs and clock and do not plan to have anyone else, beyond the lone welder.. I'm trying to make it more universal and accessible - and not be telling a specific story. The camera angle has changed and the fan/rad has been raised, moved closer and to the right.. which gives much greater scale. I am in the process of redoing UVs and textures because fan/rad and pump have changed so much. I will try to get a new version up by Monday night.
Win10Pro || GA-X99-SOC-Champion || i7 5820k w/ H60 || 32GB DDR4 || 3x EVGA RTX 2070 Super Hybrid || EVGA Supernova G2 1300W || Tt Core X9 || LightWave Plug (v4 for old gigs) || Blender E-Cycles
FrankPooleFloating
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby FrankPooleFloating » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:35 am

FrankPooleFloating Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:35 am
Made a bunch of modeling changes.. going to be making a few more. Ignore all texturing except for pipes - which are pretty close. Some things still do not have UVs. However, this image is way closer to where I am going with this than the previous wip. I have sort of deviated from many of my original concepts/ideas.. Not really shooting for a 40s feel - nor telling the story I had envisioned. I am just out to make a kick-ass looking factory/plant that is (upon closer inspection) a water-cooled workstation that has a lone character welding. Maybe he/she represents us - we who build our own workstations etc?... It is what it is, and will be what it will be... I want to actually have this thing done and ready to submit to RayTracey & Co come 10/1.. some of my goals were a little too ambitious, given the amount of client work I have. I am happy where this is going and feel I can get this to a place where it at least has a shot. ;)

Industrious_06.jpg
Win10Pro || GA-X99-SOC-Champion || i7 5820k w/ H60 || 32GB DDR4 || 3x EVGA RTX 2070 Super Hybrid || EVGA Supernova G2 1300W || Tt Core X9 || LightWave Plug (v4 for old gigs) || Blender E-Cycles
FrankPooleFloating
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby FrankPooleFloating » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:46 am

FrankPooleFloating Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:46 am
Had to get a couple client hot potatoes out the door... Now I think I am good, between now and deadline.

Moved our little buddy.. much, much better imho. Now back to fan/rad. I am determined to make this part worthy of taking up so much real estate. Not happy with the crap that I slapped in there.. Once I have fan stuff to my liking, I will be going all out on texturing, then finalizing everything as much as possible up until 10/1. Tic toc.. tic.. toc...

I am pretty sure I have locked down the camera and lighting. This uses (new) daylight coming through factory windows opacity map'd plane, in case anyone was wondering.

Industrious_07.jpg
Last edited by FrankPooleFloating on Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FrankPooleFloating
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby FrankPooleFloating » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:49 pm

FrankPooleFloating Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:49 pm
Crankin' along...

Many textures are not in any kind of final state. Going to do a bunch of little things all over and then come back to fan and get some spec and subtle reflections on it. Need to get some more detail (wrinkles etc) on shirt and pants of welder. Going to get drives on right in a drive bay (Industrious version of one) with power cables and other goodies... like UV texture the GPUs and mobo etc (anything that doesn't have them yet - office windows etc..) - and for sure some rust running down below some stuff - so definitely more details coming. ;)

I am still having a blast... stay tuned...

Industrious_08.jpg
Last edited by FrankPooleFloating on Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FrankPooleFloating
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby FrankPooleFloating » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:30 pm

FrankPooleFloating Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:30 pm
Well, I am uploading my entry to my server - and getting ready to send RayTracey & Co my link... unfortunately, I ran into a couple problems right at the end here. My sparks are picking up some blue, making them green on the tips of the arching ones.. something happened to my gpus/motherboard obj - although they are getting the color of of the diffuse map, none of the details.. and the spec and bump seem to be doing nothing on gpus/mobo.. no matter what the f*** I do. And there were a couple other tiny problems.. wrestling with spec and bump on pipes after adding some new rust to them..... but I found myself out of time, and had to stop where I was. I am reasonably sure I have absolutely no chance now... Oh well. It was an experience, to say the least. Fortunately, the 3D aspect of my real work is not nearly as complex - and my clients are not one tenth as demanding as myself.

Good luck guys! There are plenty of good ones for Octane to choose from.
FrankPooleFloating
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby FrankPooleFloating » Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:37 am

FrankPooleFloating Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:37 am
Thank you so much for swapping poll image guys! :D

Been tweakin'... kind of can't help myself. Though I do not expect (or asking for) another swap.. I am just taking this to its end for my own satisfaction. Thought others might like to see it finalized, regardless of competition outcome. Getting closer, but now there is too much rust - need to take some back - and put rust and dirt in logical places and not slapped here and there haphazardly.

Edit: Some more tweakage.. added frame-things to GPUs, lightened gpu/mobo and pipes maps - was too dark.

Edit #2: Yeah, more tweaks...

Industrious_Tweaks.jpg
Last edited by FrankPooleFloating on Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
FrankPooleFloating
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby FrankPooleFloating » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:02 am

FrankPooleFloating Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:02 am
Hey gents. Where in the hell are all these page views coming from?... The competition has been over for weeks. :?

Can someone peek at server logs or something? I would really, really love to know... It is just puzzling. I know it is kind of a cool image and all - but it didn't even make the top three. Strange. Maybe some pc mod site has a link or something...

I plan to play with this some more when I get a chance... Maybe using new updated nDo and dDo after they come out - which looks to be happening very soon. I did all this texturing by hand/old school style. Can't wait to see what nDo/dDo can do for it after the huge updates and bug fixes. Would be really nice to use Octane 1.3 too. Not holding breath on that one.
FrankPooleFloating
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby resmas » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:32 pm

resmas Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:32 pm
maybe Big Brother is watching. ;)

cheers mate

resmas
i7-2600k | SSD Vertex 3 | WD Velociraptor | WS Revolution | 16GB Ram HyperX | PSU LEPA G1600W | 3 X Asus GTX590 |
https://pt-pt.facebook.com/arq.resmas
resmas
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to The OctaneBench Competition Entries