Exceeding Max Polygon Count

Forums: Exceeding Max Polygon Count
Autodesk Revit (Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Exceeding Max Polygon Count

Postby LOA-ARCH » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:47 pm

LOA-ARCH Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:47 pm
Sorry for all of the noob questions.

I am again trying to render an interior office scene. It is not overly complex and we have set up the view in Revit with a scope box, etc. to limit the size. When I open the viewport in Octane it tells me I have exceeded the maximum polygon count and that the setting can be adjusted in the configuration. When I go to configuration I cannot edit the max number of polygons. What's my next move?
LOA-ARCH
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Exceeding Max Polygon Count

Postby face_off » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:24 pm

face_off Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:24 pm
When I go to configuration I cannot edit the max number of polygons.
What is stopping you from changing this value? Are you getting an error? The default is 1Mil polys, and you should be able to go to about 19Mil polys if needed.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Re: Exceeding Max Polygon Count

Postby LOA-ARCH » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:28 am

LOA-ARCH Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:28 am
I'm not sure what the issue was. It would not let me change it which was causing about half of my furniture and casework not to show up. I restarted Revit and was able to change the number. I bumped it up to 10M and that seemed to work.

I've had some pretty crazy issues so far but I'm thinking that a lot of it may be specific to me and should not be a reflection on Octane. Thanks everyone for all the help! I think this software has a lot of potential and I really look forward to getting my install straightened out!
LOA-ARCH
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Autodesk Revit