OctaneRender 2 for Revit [OBSOLETE]

Forums: OctaneRender 2 for Revit [OBSOLETE]
Autodesk Revit (Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Re: OctaneRender for Revit 2.24.2 [STABLE]

Postby face_off » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:09 am

face_off Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:09 am
I could send you the file as soon as the pressure it off...
That would be great - thanks.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby Seekerfinder » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:46 am

Seekerfinder Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:46 am
face_off wrote:
I could send you the file as soon as the pressure it off...
That would be great - thanks.

Paul

Hi Paul,
I updated the previous post with an edit and the relevant Revit file.
Best,
Seeker
Win 8(64) | P9X79-E WS | i7-3930K | 32GB | GTX Titan & GTX 780Ti | SketchUP | Revit | Beta tester for Revit & Sketchup plugins for Octane
Seekerfinder
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Seekerfinder » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:54 pm

Seekerfinder Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:54 pm
Another issue today:
Revit 2016
Win 8.1
Version 2.24.2.35

Spent a lot of time trying to find a thread on this one...

Issue: Any change to a proxy file - even trying to delete it - leads to the exception below.
Workaround: CLOSE (not refresh!) THE RENDER VIEW PORT. Make changes to proxies as required. Then open the render vp again.

Another small issue (sorry if this has been reported(?) - I don't have time to do lots of searching on the forums):
Once a proxy is associated with a Revit family, new copies of this family does not reflect it's proxy association in the Octane materials dialog (it still reports as 'not a proxy') until the Octane VP is either opened or refreshed. It means that a user opening a file and then opening Octane, selecting a family in Revit is told that it is NOT associated with a proxy object when it fact it is. That is until the user opens the Octane VP, after which it reports correctly. Small niggle and I'm not sure it it can be fixed easily but live visual feedback would certainly help to avoid people going and re-assigning proxies etc.

Best,
Seeker
2.24.2.35 - REPLACING PROXY CRASH.jpg
Win 8(64) | P9X79-E WS | i7-3930K | 32GB | GTX Titan & GTX 780Ti | SketchUP | Revit | Beta tester for Revit & Sketchup plugins for Octane
Seekerfinder
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:58 am

face_off Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:58 am
EDIT: All other render passes work fine on that file. Only wireframe gives me grief. At first I thought it's the trusses... it's not, it's the columns oddly enough. Reduced Revit file with said columns included. Hope this helps.
Hi Seeker - that file renders fine for me in Revit 2016 with plugin version 2.24.2.35. I open the viewport, then enable the Wireframe pass, then view the Wireframe pass - all OK. I can only think you might have dodgy Nvidia driver version. I am on 353.62.

Issue: Any change to a proxy file - even trying to delete it - leads to the exception below.
Workaround: CLOSE (not refresh!) THE RENDER VIEW PORT. Make changes to proxies as required. Then open the render vp again.
This is fixed in the next TEST release.

Paul
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby face_off » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:11 am

face_off Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:11 am
Additional info....with Revit 2015 Autodesk tightened the already prohibitive rules on when plugins could access the scene database. They STOPPED the ability for a user to click a plugin button, and then the plugin access the Revit scene. Instead the plugin needs to queue the button click command, and wait until the Revit Idle event and access the scene then. Unfortunately the Geometry Proxy Details window is a MODAL window (ie. you cannot interactive with the Revit UI whilst it is open), so clicking Load ORBX can load the ORBX file, but the vewport cannot be reloaded, because Revit will not issue a Idle Event until after the Geometry Proxy Details window is closed.

So in summary, with Revit 2015 and 2016, once you load a new ORBX/OCS/OBJ, you will need to close the Geometry Proxy Details windows then click the Refresh button to load the new proxy.

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby face_off » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:28 am

face_off Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:28 am
Another small issue (sorry if this has been reported(?) - I don't have time to do lots of searching on the forums):
Once a proxy is associated with a Revit family, new copies of this family does not reflect it's proxy association in the Octane materials dialog (it still reports as 'not a proxy') until the Octane VP is either opened or refreshed. It means that a user opening a file and then opening Octane, selecting a family in Revit is told that it is NOT associated with a proxy object when it fact it is. That is until the user opens the Octane VP, after which it reports correctly. Small niggle and I'm not sure it it can be fixed easily but live visual feedback would certainly help to avoid people going and re-assigning proxies etc.
Yes, this is a shortcoming of the "Default" proxy system. I can fix this by having the plugin apply all Defaults everytime you select an item in Revit. Hopefully this will not create any lag. A will add this to the next TEST release.

EDIT: The next version to correctly set the "Is A Proxy" button when you add a new family which has a default, but it will not display the materials (since that would require the proxy be loaded - which doesn't happen until the Viewport is opened.

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Re: OctaneRender for Revit 2.25 [STABLE]

Postby face_off » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:23 am

face_off Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:23 am
I have updated the STABLE installer downloads at the top of this thread to Octane version 2.25.

Thanks

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Previous

Return to Autodesk Revit