friendlier w/ Autodesk = Octane graphics display mode?

Forums: friendlier w/ Autodesk = Octane graphics display mode?
Autodesk Revit (Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

friendlier w/ Autodesk = Octane graphics display mode?

Postby prehabitat » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:49 am

prehabitat Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:49 am
To Anyone who knows,

Is there any chance the relationship with Autodesk will allow Octane to be integrated into the Revit (or MAX/etc) core app to the extent that we could have "Wireframe, Hidden line, Shaded, Constant colours, Realistic, Ray trace, Octane" graphics display options on each viewport (greyed out for non-perspective views)

Dual monitor lends itself to the current setup well - but sometimes would be nice for it to feel a little more fluid; and the Autodesk relationship (whatever it is) got me thinking it might be possible one day.

Andrew
Win10/3770/16gb/K600(display)/GTX780(Octane)/GTX590/372.70
Octane 3.x: GH Lands VARQ Rhino5 -Rhino.io- C4D R16 / Revit17
prehabitat
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: friendlier w/ Autodesk = Octane graphics display mode?

Postby face_off » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:56 am

face_off Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:56 am
Hi Andrew - good point. The Octane wireframe mode is from the Infochannel Kernel, so doesn't necessarily correlate with the Revit view mode - but I take your point - if you are viewing in wireframe mode in Revit - it could flip the kernel to Infochannel wireframe.

There are a bunch of other integration opportunities I identified during the development of the plugin (the main one being to ability to pickup the Revit material library texturemap paths), and yes, I hope that this is just the start, and that Autodesk will enable a higher level of integration. To their credit, in Revit 2014, Autodesk provided a vastly improved method to extract polygons, vertices, uvs, etc from the Revit scene - so hopefully each new version of Revit will provide new features to improve integration.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Return to Autodesk Revit