Interface Ideas/wishlist

Forums: Interface Ideas/wishlist
Autodesk Revit (Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Interface Ideas/wishlist

Postby prehabitat » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:55 pm

prehabitat Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:55 pm
Firstly, upmost respect for the time you have inserted into this so far, greatly appreciated.

Is it possible to have the node settings for the material that is being adjusted beside the node hierarchy tree (not sure if I'm calling it by the correct name) rather than below it?
Also, If possible some alternative data input methods; mousewheel over the field, or a dragable input field (like 3DS interface).

I'm all about efficiency! :D
Win10/3770/16gb/K600(display)/GTX780(Octane)/GTX590/372.70
Octane 3.x: GH Lands VARQ Rhino5 -Rhino.io- C4D R16 / Revit17
prehabitat
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Interface Ideas/wishlist

Postby face_off » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:47 pm

face_off Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:47 pm
Is it possible to have the node settings for the material that is being adjusted beside the node hierarchy tree (not sure if I'm calling it by the correct name) rather than below it?

This would be easy to do - but I think not particularly viable for most users. I think most users would prefer the node control box below the tree. But if the majority of users would prefer it beside, that can be done.

If possible some alternative data input methods; mousewheel over the field, or a dragable input field

Mousewheel was originally implemented in the Poser plugin but caused a lot of problem for users who scrolled the mousewheel to scroll the tree and instead the node control edit box picked up the event, changed the current value and the render restarted. I don't think the Revit UI controls support dragable input fields (but I will check). Both Modo and Rhino use dragable input fields, and for me, I find the single sliders in Revit to be easier - since you have a gauge on what percentile of the total range you are at (which you don't get with dragable input fields).

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Return to Autodesk Revit