Can You Shade Volumetrics In Blender Octane?

Forums: Can You Shade Volumetrics In Blender Octane?
Discuss or ask critique about your current works
Forum rules
Important notice: All artwork submitted on our public gallery forums gallery forums may or may not be used by OTOY for publication on our website gallery.
If you do not want us to publish your art, please mention it in your post clearly. (put a very red small diagonal cross in the left right corner of the image)
Any images already published on the gallery will be removed if the original author asks us to do so.
We recommend placing your credits on the images so you benefit from the exposure too, and use a minimum image width of 1200 pixels, and use pathtracing or PMC. Thanks for your attention, The OctaneRender Team.

For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.

This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Can You Shade Volumetrics In Blender Octane?

Postby aleckie1 » Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:59 am

aleckie1 Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:59 am
Hello,

I tried posting this in the Blender forum but for some reason I don't have the ability to respond to anything or create a new thread (does anyone know why that is? It seems random that I have permission to post on some areas of this forum and not others).

I am working on an environment and am hoping to use some volumetric clouds but it doesn't appear Octane can shade the volumes. If I convert the volumes to a mesh, my cloud shader works - but the meshes are extremely dense to achieve the quality I want.

I know Octane should be able to handle volumes because it can shade volumes inside of C4D. I'm hoping to be able to do the same in Blender.

Again, sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. This is one of the only areas of this forum I can create a new thread in or even respond.

Curious if anyone has any insights.

Here is what I'm encountering and my node setup:
https://ibb.co/mv7hQzb
https://ibb.co/99NNCd7
aleckie1

Return to Works In Progress