How do I deal with the noise

Forums: How do I deal with the noise
Discuss or ask critique about your current works
Forum rules
Important notice: All artwork submitted on our public gallery forums gallery forums may or may not be used by OTOY for publication on our website gallery.
If you do not want us to publish your art, please mention it in your post clearly. (put a very red small diagonal cross in the left right corner of the image)
Any images already published on the gallery will be removed if the original author asks us to do so.
We recommend placing your credits on the images so you benefit from the exposure too, and use a minimum image width of 1200 pixels, and use pathtracing or PMC. Thanks for your attention, The OctaneRender Team.

For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.

This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

How do I deal with the noise

Postby viki_niki » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:28 am

viki_niki Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:28 am
Hi all, i am new to octane, but I have had this reocurring Problem in every interior I have rendered so far. I do mainly shops - no or little natural light and I have never managed to get a clean noiseless shot. As a result i have had to work a lot in Photoshop. This is the ceiling of my latest project. Can someone help me with this.

03 dir cut.jpg
Direct light

Image took 3 hours to render and I always get grainy artifacts close to the lightsources.

03 path cut.jpg

Path tracing 3 hours again,
My boss doesn't allow me to post the full images

Here are the Kernel settings

Dir light kernel.PNG

path tracing kernel.PNG

I have tried to push every setting i could think of.
The most useful ones were GI clamp and Path termination, but the Problem is not completely gone.
viki_niki

Re: How do I deal with the noise

Postby bepeg4d » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:39 pm

bepeg4d Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:39 pm
Hi viki_niki,
the issue comes from the recessed spot light, please, have a look at this other discussion on how to drastically reduce the complexity and noise:
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=52982&p=266457&hilit=noise+emitter#p266457
Sorry, it's from c4doctane, let me know if something is not clear.
ciao beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Return to Works In Progress