Architectural interior: bright room

Forums: Architectural interior: bright room
Discuss or ask critique about your current works
Forum rules
Important notice: All artwork submitted on our public gallery forums gallery forums may or may not be used by OTOY for publication on our website gallery.
If you do not want us to publish your art, please mention it in your post clearly. (put a very red small diagonal cross in the left right corner of the image)
Any images already published on the gallery will be removed if the original author asks us to do so.
We recommend placing your credits on the images so you benefit from the exposure too, and use a minimum image width of 1200 pixels, and use pathtracing or PMC. Thanks for your attention, The OctaneRender Team.

For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.

This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Architectural interior: bright room

Postby ubicz » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:26 pm

ubicz Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:26 pm
Hello everyone :)

I just started wit Octane and I'm working on the first interior. I decided to copy the interior from Archdaily (cause they provide nice pictures and plans at the same time). As you can see, my interior differs from original - the plans were not correct and the room is too small ^^ Whatever.

I am curious, what can someone more experienced say about this work.

This, obviously, is not a finished image. i decided to check out the lights and cameras and then proceed with creating more detailed elements. For this moment, I am generally satisfied with most of the materials and general "feel" of the scene. In my opinion (and I looked on this picture for too long time now) there are two big problems - roof and the bed. I can probably work the bed myself. I am worried about roof material. I cannot really get those reflections, tried mixing different specular maps with Falloff as amount, but it doesn't seem to work. I never get those regular blinks especially in shady areas of the picture. Also my displacement doesn't work correctly (looks like it has no effect - used huge noise to make it look less like a perfectly flat thing). Any help/suggestion would be helpful really :(

I am adding the original photograph from Archdaily as a reference. Hope it doesn't brake any rules :)

Thanks in advance for any comments.

PS I used c4d with octane plugin

KHouse_gArchitects_0003_small.jpg
My rendering

2.jpg
Original photo from Archdaily

falloff.PNG
Roof material

KHouse_gArchitects_0003_small.jpg
My rendering
Attachments
displ.PNG
displacement
displ.PNG (8.89 KiB) Viewed 4714 times
Octane 3.05 with Cinema 4D / Win10 / AMD 8150 FX / 1x GeForce 1070 GTX / 16 GB DDR 3
ubicz
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Works In Progress