Mercedes ML 500 Studio RenderTest

Forums: Mercedes ML 500 Studio RenderTest
Discuss or ask critique about your current works
Forum rules
Important notice: All artwork submitted on our public gallery forums gallery forums may or may not be used by OTOY for publication on our website gallery.
If you do not want us to publish your art, please mention it in your post clearly. (put a very red small diagonal cross in the left right corner of the image)
Any images already published on the gallery will be removed if the original author asks us to do so.
We recommend placing your credits on the images so you benefit from the exposure too, and use a minimum image width of 1200 pixels, and use pathtracing or PMC. Thanks for your attention, The OctaneRender Team.

For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.

This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Mercedes ML 500 Studio RenderTest

Postby ChrisVis » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:55 pm

ChrisVis Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:55 pm
Hi all,

inspired by niuq.cam and some real life automotive photography I decided to give it a try, too.
Used a Evermotion Model of a Mercedes ML 500.
Lighting using HDR Light Studio and some extra IES Lights.

Mercedes-ML500-STUDIO-PMCTest1.jpg

Cooked about 35min with PMC, parallelism 4, 16 maxdepth, 500 maxreject, caustic blur 0.2, 2500 max samples and using 8 GPUs, at 2500x1700 original.
Still quiet a bit noisy (especially the car paint - used one from the live db as starting point) and not perfect, but I am quiet satisfied with this as a first result.

Did a slight photoshop curve, dynamics and saturation adjustment.

Any critics or suggestions are welcome, also in terms of rendering speed :) (it is really slow, maybe because of the car paint and hdri lighting?)

Greetings, ChrisVis
C4D R15 - C4DOctane 4.0 | Win7 64 | NVIDIA 417.22 | EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC | EVGA GTX 780 Ti SC |EVGA GTX 780 Ti SC
i7 4930K 6x4.3GHz OC | 64GB | ASUS P9X79-E WS
+ Netstor Turbobox 250A | 2x EVGA GTX 780 Ti SC + 2 x Palit GTX780 Ti 3GB | all watercooled
ChrisVis
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Mercedes ML 500 Studio RenderTest

Postby sagun » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:34 pm

sagun Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:34 pm
Awesome render!!

BTW, I am having some problem with octane render in c4d. I'm using Octane with HDRI Light Studio. Everything looks cool on the car, the lighting and reflection, but I don't like the floor reflecting HDRI on the floor. I need the floor to be highly reflecting the car but I don't want it to reflect the HDRI.

Do you have any workaround for this ?

I am aware of the octane limitation of not being able to reflection or light linking. Also tried to get around with Primary and Visibile environment of octane setting but no luck :(
sagun
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Works In Progress