Renderqueue/Batchrender (outside ArchiCAD)

Forums: Renderqueue/Batchrender (outside ArchiCAD)
Graphisoft ArchiCAD (Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Renderqueue/Batchrender (outside ArchiCAD)

Postby rappet » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:21 am

rappet Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:21 am
Hi Paul,

It would be awsome to have a Batchrender outside ArchiCAD (AC).. It would be working like this:
- save rendertargets (or complete publishmap with multi views/rendertargets) to the 'Renderqueue' (RQ) from one AC session,
- save rendertargets to RQ from other AC session(s)
- open software window with Renderqueue where the saved rendertargets are showed
- choose which rendertargets to render and save
(- more features would be an extra, like editing saved rendertargets outside AC settings like resolution)

I think this wish might be posted in another thread already and also might be a question directed to Otoy as feature for standalone, but I would like to ask you what you think is possible, coz' the scene is already loaded into the plugin...
So I was thinking your development of the plugin (s) might be a step to also develop such a renderqueue/Batchrender?

What are your thoughts about this?

Cheers,
rappet
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Renderqueue/Batchrender (outside ArchiCAD)

Postby face_off » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:10 am

face_off Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:10 am
This would probably be all do-able using the new Octane Standalone Module SDK (but would require a developer who knows C++). It's also possible using the cloud renderer (just upload the ORBX files exported from the AC plugin to the cloud renderer). I could also add an option to upload to the cloud renderer directly from AC.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Re: Renderqueue/Batchrender (outside ArchiCAD)

Postby rappet » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:26 am

rappet Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:26 am
Thanx for quick reply.

For me personal it would be interesting to see such a standalone RenderQueue/Batchrender (RQ) be developed,
and then be able to upload to that from the plugin.
It would be nice feature to be able and upload to the cloudrender from such a RQ.
I think this wish is already adressed to Otoy in another thread, but I might look into that.

For me personal I do not need to upload to the cloud... 'I have my own small renderfarm'
But, As long as such feature does not exist, maybe other AC users are interested in your suggestion of adding option to upload to cloud directly from plugin.

Cheers,
rappet
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Graphisoft ArchiCAD