Update Scene to save loading time

Forums: Update Scene to save loading time
Graphisoft ArchiCAD (Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Update Scene to save loading time

Postby rappet » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:19 am

rappet Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:19 am
Hi PAul,

Maybe discussed before or not... and probably impossible, but never asked never know ;)

I was wondering if it might be possible to have a future/feature with only updating few elements (changed elements in ArchiCAD), instead of having the total scene loaded completely.
I.e. I have a big scene loaded (14.000 elements to process) in the plugin... now I need only to change just a few elements in ArchiCAD... if then I would be able to select the changed parts and update the Loaded scene that would save a lot of time.

greetz,
rappet
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Update Scene to save loading time

Postby face_off » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:10 am

face_off Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:10 am
All geometry is stored in a single Octane Mesh node - so the entire scene needs to be reloaded in order to update any geometry. I had a version of the plugin which loaded every geometry item as a separate Octane Mesh node, however 10,000+ Mesh nodes took a very long time to voxellise, so it was not a viable option.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Re: Update Scene to save loading time

Postby rappet » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:18 am

rappet Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:18 am
face_off wrote:All geometry is stored in a single Octane Mesh node - so the entire scene needs to be reloaded in order to update any geometry. I had a version of the plugin which loaded every geometry item as a separate Octane Mesh node, however 10,000+ Mesh nodes took a very long time to voxellise, so it was not a viable option.

Paul

OK... thought so. and seems logical (I have to practice myself more in checking having a good scene before loading)
Thanx for explaining
rappet
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Graphisoft ArchiCAD