OctaneRender 3 for ArchiCAD [OBSOLETE]

Forums: OctaneRender 3 for ArchiCAD [OBSOLETE]
Graphisoft ArchiCAD (Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Re: OctaneRender® for ArchiCAD 3.03.3 [TEST]

Postby ArchPrime » Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:15 pm

ArchPrime Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:15 pm
Awesome!
Octane Render for ArchiCAD 22 plugin v4.x | Octane Standalone 4.x
( 2x Nvidia 980 Ti) x 6MB VRAM | Intel I7 4470K | 32GB RAM | Windows 10
ArchPrime
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby ArchPrime » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:40 am

ArchPrime Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:40 am
Probably I am doing something wrong, but when I use a GS car object as a proxy host (this allows rotation vertically or horizontally), and change the vertical rotation of the object using object parameters, the scatter stays horizontal. Is this intended? It would be useful to rotate scatters in any direction.
Octane Render for ArchiCAD 22 plugin v4.x | Octane Standalone 4.x
( 2x Nvidia 980 Ti) x 6MB VRAM | Intel I7 4470K | 32GB RAM | Windows 10
ArchPrime
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:28 am

face_off Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:28 am
Probably I am doing something wrong, but when I use a GS car object as a proxy host (this allows rotation vertically or horizontally), and change the vertical rotation of the object using object parameters, the scatter stays horizontal. Is this intended? It would be useful to rotate scatters in any direction.
At the moment only translation (ie. the X, Y, Z offset) is supported. From my limited testing, the host rotation seems to be applied to the individual scatter elements (ie. it is applied to the mesh being scattered rather than the scatter transforms as a whole), so changing this behavior may not be simple. Also - from what I could see, the ArchiCAD API is only allowing the access of the Up axis rotations, so you can get the spin angle of an object (and in theory a bunch of scatter transform) but I don't think you can get the vertical rotation (perhaps this is accessed via another method - I'm not sure). So in summary, I have implemented what I could with a day's effort, but implementing vertical rotations, would be a much bigger and more complex change, which I would be resistant to doing given there are other ways to do it (PhantomScatter, or simply rotate the Mesh and re-generate the scatter transform).

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby face_off » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:48 am

face_off Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:48 am
I have updated the installers at the top of this thread with:

- Resolved issue related to reading Scatter info from .pla files saved with the 3.3.2.64 version of the plugin or earlier

Paul
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby face_off » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:08 am

face_off Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:08 am
Following is the plugin installers for AC20. This is experimental - so pls do not use on production scenes (or make a backup first). There were many changes required to the plugin to get it to work with AC20, so expect some issues.

https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloads/plugins/4e/a9/34/52/OctaneRender_for_ArchiCAD20_3_3_3_66_64bit.exe

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby Daniel_Ward » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:12 am

Daniel_Ward Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:12 am
Hi Paul,

thanks very much for that, I'll have a play with it tomorrow.
Is there anything we specifically need to be aware of with it, for example with respect to surface over ride settings etc?

Cheers, Dan.
+MAP Architects, Christchurch - New Zealand
ArchiCAD 4.12 - ArchiCAD 24 || Octane for ArchiCAD
i7-7700K - Gigabyte Aorus Z270X Gaming 9 - 32Gb RAM - 3x Gigibyte GTX1070 G1 Gaming - Window 10 64Bit
Daniel_Ward
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:55 am

face_off Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:55 am
Is there anything we specifically need to be aware of with it, for example with respect to surface over ride settings etc?
I haven't coded anything specific to the surface overrides - and didn't test it with this feature - so I will be interested to hear how you go. The main complication was obtaining the materials for the ArchiCAD geometry. So be on alert for missing materials, etc.

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby Garquitectos » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:35 am

Garquitectos Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:35 am
First test, all work for now. Good work as always!
Archicad 20 Spanish version with SPA libraries.
prueba_20.png
Octane Render for Archicad, Archicad 16 Spanish, Bimx. - Win 7 64 bits - Intel core i7 870 - 3,30 Ghz, - 12 Gigas Ram - GTX 660 + GTX 650 Ti
http://www.garquitectos.es
http://garquitectos.wordpress.com/
Garquitectos
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby s3d-weyrauch » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:34 am

s3d-weyrauch Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:34 am
Garquitectos, Archicad 20? How could you work with Octane Plugin in ArchiCAD 20? Did I miss something?

Paul, I have another wish about the installation. We work with LogeMeIn, maybe you know it. We can roll out the softwares in operation, uninstall them, and so on. It works by the standalone, but we have some problems with the plugin. Somehow we can´t install it by our excellent tool. Could you please develop an msi-Package for the install-process? It would be really nice, if it was possible.
The second is the copy of the Plugin-folder under the local Visualisaton-folder. There are not so many language-versions of the ArchiCAD. Maybe Graphisoft can help you to have a list of the "Visualisation" folders. We have solved the copy with a simple batch-file.
Thank you and best Regards
David
BIM team leader

Win 10 | ArchiCAD GER 23-24 | Octane Plugin for ArchiCAD
13 Licenses | Network Render over 12 graphic cards
s3d-weyrauch
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:18 am

face_off Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:18 am
Garquitectos, Archicad 20? How could you work with Octane Plugin in ArchiCAD 20? Did I miss something?

Following is the plugin installers for AC20. This is experimental - so pls do not use on production scenes (or make a backup first). There were many changes required to the plugin to get it to work with AC20, so expect some issues.

https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... _64bit.exe

Paul, I have another wish about the installation. We work with LogeMeIn, maybe you know it. We can roll out the softwares in operation, uninstall them, and so on. It works by the standalone, but we have some problems with the plugin. Somehow we can´t install it by our excellent tool. Could you please develop an msi-Package for the install-process? It would be really nice, if it was possible.
I'm sorry, but the installer builder I use only compiles to .EXE's, and not .MSI files. Regarding the plugin settings - these are contained in User\AppData\Local, so will not following you when you log into another workstation. Perhaps LogMeIn automatically copies these files for you? Ideally the plugin settings should have been stored in User\AppData\Roaming.

The second is the copy of the Plugin-folder under the local Visualisaton-folder. There are not so many language-versions of the ArchiCAD. Maybe Graphisoft can help you to have a list of the "Visualisation" folders. We have solved the copy with a simple batch-file.
Yes, I was aware that the folder names change depending on the AC language. I think this is really an ArchiCAD issue - since it should have the same folder structure regardless of the language. I don't think there is anything I can do about this - sorry. The installer does not contain the smarts to determine the language version of AC installed.

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

PreviousNext

Return to Graphisoft ArchiCAD