ArchiCAD 16 crashes while downloading LiveDB materials

Forums: ArchiCAD 16 crashes while downloading LiveDB materials
Graphisoft ArchiCAD (Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

ArchiCAD 16 crashes while downloading LiveDB materials

Postby Konstantin_S » Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:41 am

Konstantin_S Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:41 am
Hello,

I've purchased Standalone 2.x and Graphisoft ArchiCAD Plugin 2.x. To my surprise, 2.x plugin doesn't support 16x ArchiCAD though it is listed as supported when purchasing, so I come along with 1.5x version with which I have following issues:

1. When trying to download LiveDB material, ArchiCAD 16 have kept crashing though I could search for material in LiveDB, and now it just can't load any LiveDB content.
LiveDB_error1.PNG

2. When trying to save scene to either .ocs or .orbx the following error appears
Saving scene_error2.PNG

(a copy of CUDA Log):
Started logging on 05.09.15 09:48:49

OctaneRender version 1.52 (1520000)

Save OctaneRender Scene: Could not write OCS file 'C:\DATA\ _'.
Failed to open destination package "C:\DATA\ _
Save OctaneRender Scene: Could not write OCS file 'G:\ _'.

Any support is welcome)
Konstantin_S
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: ArchiCAD 16 crashes while downloading LiveDB materials

Postby face_off » Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:09 am

face_off Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:09 am
I've purchased Standalone 2.x and Graphisoft ArchiCAD Plugin 2.x. To my surprise, 2.x plugin doesn't support 16x ArchiCAD though it is listed as supported when purchasing, so I come along with 1.5x version with which I have following issues:
I will ask Otoy to update the product page to reflect the plugin runs on ArchiCAD 17, 18 and 19.

The last version of the plugin that was compiled for AC16 can be downloaded from
http://render.otoy.com/customerdownloads/plugins/OctaneRender_for_ArchiCAD16_2_23_2_50_64bit.exe. I highly recommend installing this release, since it will be more stable and feature rich than the version you are running. The plugin is maintained for the current version of ArchiCAD (19) and the previous 2 releases (17 and 18).

1. When trying to download LiveDB material, ArchiCAD 16 have kept crashing though I could search for material in LiveDB, and now it just can't load any LiveDB content.
Is ArchiCAD actually crashing, or is the plugin just popping that msg? That message indicates that the plugin detected that the OctaneLive servers (which host the LiveDb) were offline. There have been a couple of reports of this problem - and Otoy are currently investigating the issue.

2. When trying to save scene to either .ocs or .orbx the following error appears
This may be due to trying to export to a folder that you do not have write permissions for. Does it export if you save to your Documents folder?

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Re: ArchiCAD 16 crashes while downloading LiveDB materials

Postby Konstantin_S » Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:57 am

Konstantin_S Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:57 am
Hi Paul,

Thanks for quick response!

Installation of the latest release have solved all issues with plugin.
And export works, when the destination is non-OS drive.

OTOY has to update the links for download in purchasing menu )

Thank you for your help, it's really invaluable.

Cheers,
Konstantin
Konstantin_S
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Graphisoft ArchiCAD