Storm Granular Solver: Rendered with Octane

Forums: Storm Granular Solver: Rendered with Octane
Display your final art here...
Forum rules
Important notice: All artwork submitted on our public gallery forums gallery forums may or may not be used by OTOY for publication on our website gallery.
If you do not want us to publish your art, please mention it in your post clearly. (put a very red small diagonal cross in the top left corner of the image)
Any images already published on the gallery will be removed if the original author asks us to do so.
We recommend placing your credits on the images so you benefit from the exposure too, and use a minimum image width of 1200 pixels, and pathtracing or PMC. Thanks for your attention, The OctaneRender Team.

For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.

This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Storm Granular Solver: Rendered with Octane

Postby WoutTgh » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:17 pm

WoutTgh Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:17 pm
Hello,

to promote Storm I made this animation:

Storm is in an Early Access stage and customers will get free updates until version 1.0.

Feel free to share :D

Here's a link to the Storm Forum: https://effectivetds.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=113
and the buy page: https://effectivetds.com/resources/fx-tools/storm/

Happy simming!

Wout
WoutTgh
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Storm Granular Solver: Rendered with Octane

Postby EclipseCGI » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:26 am

EclipseCGI Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:26 am
Hi,
can you give a brief overview of your workflow please?
I am currently considering using Storm for a snow sim with Octane Render in Cinema 4D for an upcoming TV commercial.

Thankyou!
EclipseCGI

Re: Storm Granular Solver: Rendered with Octane

Postby WoutTgh » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:36 am

WoutTgh Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:36 am
Hiii,

sure. For this project I exported to .bin from Storm. In Lightwave I imported the .bin sequence and used the Instancer to add the spheres to the point/particles from Storm.

I don't really use CInema 4D but I did a quick test with it and imported two .abc files from Storm. One with meshed particles and one with just the particles . In both cases a single .abc file containing all the frames. So all good :)

Wout

PS: Sorry for the late reply I only got the notification just now :)
WoutTgh
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to M is for Metaverse Gallery