Frozen in time - Evermotion competition project

Forums: Frozen in time - Evermotion competition project
Display your final art here...
Forum rules
Important notice: All artwork submitted on our public gallery forums gallery forums may or may not be used by OTOY for publication on our website gallery.
If you do not want us to publish your art, please mention it in your post clearly. (put a very red small diagonal cross in the top left corner of the image)
Any images already published on the gallery will be removed if the original author asks us to do so.
We recommend placing your credits on the images so you benefit from the exposure too, and use a minimum image width of 1200 pixels, and pathtracing or PMC. Thanks for your attention, The OctaneRender Team.

For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.

This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Frozen in time - Evermotion competition project

Postby Neb RealPolygons » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:04 pm

Neb RealPolygons Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:04 pm
Hi!

Frozen in time - I made this project for Evermotion competition. As a photographer I like very much work with long time exposures, using large or medium format analog cameras and take photographs from a few minutes to even one hour shutter speed time. Usually for everyday photo it's about 1/250 - 1/125 sec. I was curious if 3d render engines can simulate this effect from 3d scene with full motion blur feature ticked on. So I created 3d scene with animated water related and after a lot of tests I achieved rewarding effect. It wasn't easy and flexible like in real cameras but possible anyway. I used Cinema 4d and Octane linear workflow for rendering. Final image was tonemapped in Arion and edited in Photoshop and Lightroom. I would lika to thank the jury for honorable mention for my project. Due to the fact that I created detailed scene for final competition image I created a few more images to increase this project little bit more. Thank you for reading and viewing my stuff!

Best regards
Marcin "Neb" Jastrzebski

[vimeo]https://vimeo.com/254910502[/vimeo]
Neb RealPolygons

Return to M is for Metaverse Gallery