Nissan GTR

Forums: Nissan GTR
Display your final art here...
Forum rules
Important notice: All artwork submitted on our public gallery forums gallery forums may or may not be used by OTOY for publication on our website gallery.
If you do not want us to publish your art, please mention it in your post clearly. (put a very red small diagonal cross in the top left corner of the image)
Any images already published on the gallery will be removed if the original author asks us to do so.
We recommend placing your credits on the images so you benefit from the exposure too, and use a minimum image width of 1200 pixels, and pathtracing or PMC. Thanks for your attention, The OctaneRender Team.

For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.

This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Nissan GTR

Postby Gipya » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:29 pm

Gipya Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:29 pm
Hello! That's the last test made with c4d + octane about a nissan gtr, far away from perfection, so critics are welcome.
Attachments
Nissan GTR ENV 1.png
Nissan GTR.png
Nissan GTR2.png
Nissan GTR8.png
Gipya
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Nissan GTR

Postby Terryvfx » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:38 pm

Terryvfx Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:38 pm
First render is amazing! the studio renders are cool too but the lighting need some work I always see pros focusing light heavily on edges and never on flat surfaces I also think the floor pops out a bit much, good job overall, did you model the car?
Terryvfx
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Gipya » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:13 pm

Gipya Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:13 pm
Thank you Terryvfx! Yes... I think you are 100% right, unluckly this car has really flat sides, so it was not so easy to manage a good lighting, I will try again in another way, I think to in mind the solution :) I will update it in this post if it will look better :)
Gipya
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Gipya » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:07 pm

Gipya Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:07 pm
Just another environment...
Attachments
Nissan GTR ENV 3.jpg
Gipya
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby mkarahasan » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:36 pm

mkarahasan Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:36 pm
Excellent work, can you explain a little bit of your tire shader? I tried to achieve a good result but it's not near to your work at all. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated
mkarahasan

Postby Gipya » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:32 pm

Gipya Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:32 pm
mkarahasan wrote:Excellent work, can you explain a little bit of your tire shader? I tried to achieve a good result but it's not near to your work at all. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated

Hello mkarahasan,

thanks for compliments, about the tire shader... it is not so easy, i worked a lot about that, and i a have been fixing it many times in the arch of 1 year before this result... anyway the tire is made of 3 parts and 4 materials:
-sidewall
-tread
-upper tread (in contact with the ground)

every material is made by a basic material with dark grey color and a reflection layer plus some adds .

-sidewall = basic material + texture bump (writings and pneumatic brand)
-tread = only basic material
-upper tread (in contact with the ground) = mix material made by the basic material + a new material made with a texture simulating the dirty, the mix of materials is controlled by a gradient which is making the dirty vanishing before the sidewall
Attachments
tire.jpg
Gipya
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Gipya » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:26 am

Gipya Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:26 am
Terryvfx wrote:First render is amazing! the studio renders are cool too but the lighting need some work I always see pros focusing light heavily on edges and never on flat surfaces I also think the floor pops out a bit much, good job overall, did you model the car?

As a demonstration that you were right i made a test, no mix material for the bodypaint but just a glossy one, everything has been easier to control...
Attachments
Nissan GTR EXTREME.jpg
Gipya
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to M is for Metaverse Gallery