Trex vs Triceratops

Forums: Trex vs Triceratops
Display your final art here...
Forum rules
Important notice: All artwork submitted on our public gallery forums gallery forums may or may not be used by OTOY for publication on our website gallery.
If you do not want us to publish your art, please mention it in your post clearly. (put a very red small diagonal cross in the top left corner of the image)
Any images already published on the gallery will be removed if the original author asks us to do so.
We recommend placing your credits on the images so you benefit from the exposure too, and use a minimum image width of 1200 pixels, and pathtracing or PMC. Thanks for your attention, The OctaneRender Team.

For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.

This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Re: Trex vs Triceratops

Postby cqld44 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:25 pm

cqld44 Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:25 pm
It's an absolutly crasy render !
Great job
cqld44

Re: Trex vs Triceratops

Postby blackshore » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:48 am

blackshore Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:48 am
subspark wrote:Lose the attitude thanks blackshore. 3d textures will slide with no correlation to movement. In other words details will appear to swim which produce undesierable and unreleatic results.

That's not how one uses 3d textures for deforming object. You need to bake the underlying mesh threw the entire sequence and it will run it frame by frame.
You getting resistance from me is not necessary something you should see as something bad, I'm questioning your logic.

subspark wrote:Displacement maps work marvellously for realistic animated creatures such as dinosaurs.

My argument was not if displacement maps worked, my argument was that the function of a displacement map is to push vertices in one axis and how that would improve the absorption and scattering of the creatures underlying anatomy.
Mentioning displacement in this context is abstract at it's finest.

Displacement only pushes vertex in one axis, which means subd-mesh+texture. This will add more to memory than just having the mesh.
See below:
ScreenShot039.jpg

subspark wrote:You didn’t specity your ultimate goal or what equipment you’re using, howeve you could use a number of high resolution textures, for quality output with no detectable stretching.
Combined with a skin/muscle system you could render out some holywood-level shots.
Go for it CarbonIX!

No one was talking about stretching, no one was talking about high res textures. You are yet again off rails.

Stay in track.
blackshore
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to M is for Metaverse Gallery