The balcony view

Forums: The balcony view
Display your final art here...
Forum rules
Important notice: All artwork submitted on our public gallery forums gallery forums may or may not be used by OTOY for publication on our website gallery.
If you do not want us to publish your art, please mention it in your post clearly. (put a very red small diagonal cross in the top left corner of the image)
Any images already published on the gallery will be removed if the original author asks us to do so.
We recommend placing your credits on the images so you benefit from the exposure too, and use a minimum image width of 1200 pixels, and pathtracing or PMC. Thanks for your attention, The OctaneRender Team.

For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.

This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

The balcony view

Postby pm3d » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:35 pm

pm3d Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:35 pm
I am managing to get the sketchup materials into octane now, i just need to work on some minor issues
comments welcome
Attachments
balcony.jpg
The balcony
pm3d design
AMd Athlon with Ge-force card 3.6GB Ram GTX470 Nvidia
pm3d
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: The balcony view

Postby Sam » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:05 pm

Sam Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:05 pm
Wow that building must be reaaaally high :lol:
Good render but some textures are not that good
The tiles on the floor look too tiny versus the rock wall
Also a balcony with that type of rock wall is strange

The top texture of the balcony wall is the same than the side, look strange maybe rotate the top UV
And the texture at the bottom of the tree could be some fine gravel instead of those yellowish rocks

If I look for 2min at the render, I start to notice that the scale is wrong.
Textures wise but also geometry wise, the bench look really tiny I think

That's it for my comment ;)
http://Kuto.ch - Samuel Zeller - Freelance 3D Generalist and Graphic designer from Switzerland
Sam
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby pm3d » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:19 pm

pm3d Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:19 pm
thanks for comments sam i did the drawing in sketchup to scale then reduced it so that i could import in to blender
the model in blender was half the length of the grid square in blender i am still try ing to figure out scaling in blender any suggestions with scaling for octane
regards
pm3d design
AMd Athlon with Ge-force card 3.6GB Ram GTX470 Nvidia
pm3d
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby gpu-renderer » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:42 am

gpu-renderer Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:42 am
sketchup output in feet

octane in meters

Problem solved, I use that and it works fine.

I've got a 1.5 million poly house with all the details. Texture sizes though I'm upping for ultra detail. So far the model uses up 771mb at 1920x1200 output. The time the rest is added 2gb should just be enough ram. Dont be afraid to increase the details of the models. Curves have to be rounded and textures at least 2048x2048 to remove any fake tiled problems. Specular is ok for varations but tiles need edge variations to make them look real.

Best to use a texture position randomiser (sketchup) for all similar objects in a scene to look unique.
i7 920 2.66ghz quad core, gtx 285, asus p6t, 6gb OCZ 1600mhz ram, Windows 7 64bit ultimate. Nvidia cuda Driver v3 Nvidia display drivers V193.13. Octane beta 2
gpu-renderer
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to M is for Metaverse Gallery