Solaris

Forums: Solaris
Display your final art here...
Forum rules
Important notice: All artwork submitted on our public gallery forums gallery forums may or may not be used by OTOY for publication on our website gallery.
If you do not want us to publish your art, please mention it in your post clearly. (put a very red small diagonal cross in the top left corner of the image)
Any images already published on the gallery will be removed if the original author asks us to do so.
We recommend placing your credits on the images so you benefit from the exposure too, and use a minimum image width of 1200 pixels, and pathtracing or PMC. Thanks for your attention, The OctaneRender Team.

For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.

This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Solaris

Postby Heckfai » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:34 pm

Heckfai Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:34 pm
Hello everybody!After watching the Tarkovsky movie "Solaris" i wanted to do something similar, you can see some elements and the basic concept of the corridor, which are similar to what was in the movie.
solaris zastavka grey.jpg

GRAY.jpg

solaris zastavka rgb.jpg

RGB.jpg
Heckfai

Re: Solaris

Postby FrankPooleFloating » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:36 am

FrankPooleFloating Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:36 am
This is absolutely first-rate, top-shelf stuff. Gorgeous. Design, texturing, lighting... Nice!

However, the the blood spattering almost looks like it was done in post, in many places. Just not physically realistic imho. If you use Substance Painter, maybe play around with shooting blood at stuff with the particle brush at different angles?... Perhaps that could give a more realistic splattering?...

Nice choice with Solaris. You've got good taste. I'm a fan of both the 1972 and 2002 versions.

You have some chops son. But I see you are not a licensed user. Not sure how you get around res limit and watermark... :?
Win10Pro || GA-X99-SOC-Champion || i7 5820k w/ H60 || 32GB DDR4 || 3x EVGA RTX 2070 Super Hybrid || EVGA Supernova G2 1300W || Tt Core X9 || LightWave Plug (v4 for old gigs) || Blender E-Cycles
FrankPooleFloating
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to M is for Metaverse Gallery