Skin test

Forums: Skin test
Display your final art here...
Forum rules
Important notice: All artwork submitted on our public gallery forums gallery forums may or may not be used by OTOY for publication on our website gallery.
If you do not want us to publish your art, please mention it in your post clearly. (put a very red small diagonal cross in the top left corner of the image)
Any images already published on the gallery will be removed if the original author asks us to do so.
We recommend placing your credits on the images so you benefit from the exposure too, and use a minimum image width of 1200 pixels, and pathtracing or PMC. Thanks for your attention, The OctaneRender Team.

For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.

This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Re: Skin test

Postby doca » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:21 am

doca Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:21 am
Sorry people for not posting process yet, but job just dropped on my back. I'll post the process for sure very soon, just to get some free time. I was going to post my procedure much earlier, but , as I was not working with octane for several years, I figured that I have to clean scene a little. It is complicated even for me now to figure out everything I did. :) It was long day of testing.
doca
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby nirvred » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:41 am

nirvred Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:41 am
+1 Great Skin shader!
nirvred
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby TonyBoy » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:36 pm

TonyBoy Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:36 pm
Can you post a shot of the Node Editor with the shader?
TonyBoy
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby voon » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:48 pm

voon Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:48 pm
I have a hard time feedbacking works in this forum section, as it's usually better than my hobby stuff, ugh.

The face looks great with the details and modelling etc .. beautiful eyes! The skin to me looks a bit like a mix between real and realdoll. It has a slightly rubbery look to me, silicone type. I can't pinpoint why ... maybe because it's still too homogeneous (requiring a texture with imperfections) or maybe because it has an even reflective part? I'm not sure. Reality I imagine has sweat or skin grease etc not so homogeneous?

But like I said ... if I tried it, it'd probably look way worse :) The ciriticism is very high level here.
voon
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to M is for Metaverse Gallery