Variations on a broken egg

Forums: Variations on a broken egg
Display your final art here...
Forum rules
Important notice: All artwork submitted on our public gallery forums gallery forums may or may not be used by OTOY for publication on our website gallery.
If you do not want us to publish your art, please mention it in your post clearly. (put a very red small diagonal cross in the top left corner of the image)
Any images already published on the gallery will be removed if the original author asks us to do so.
We recommend placing your credits on the images so you benefit from the exposure too, and use a minimum image width of 1200 pixels, and pathtracing or PMC. Thanks for your attention, The OctaneRender Team.

For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.

This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Re: Variations on a broken egg

Postby Rikk The Gaijin » Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:41 am

Rikk The Gaijin Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:41 am
These are fantastic, how did you model the albumen? Especially the white filament in it?
Rikk The Gaijin
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby enricocerica » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:21 pm

enricocerica Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:21 pm
Thanks to everyone, just made 2 prints in about 65x45cm and the result is great thank to a resolution of 5120x3200 I probably could even increase it. By the way I'll try to print one of them in about 160x110cm. As said I'm trying to prepare an exhibition, I'm very curious to see how 3D works would be considered.

Bendbox wrote:Great job, love the series!

Is your exterior eggshell texture map custom made?

Well it's a mis of various textures, I made several tests and I consider this one as enough representative.

Rikk The Gaijin wrote:These are fantastic, how did you model the albumen? Especially the white filament in it?

Again I made several tests and finally for the albumen I went for SSS material which was the best deal, for the filament I really didn't know where to go. I tried SSS but it wasn't good, I finally used a flat plane with a smoke image with alpha channel and surprisingly the result was acceptable.
Modeling system : I7 32GB Windows 10 & Fujitsu Celsius H720
GPU : 1x Gigabyte GTX580 3GB + 1x MSI GTX780 3GB + 1x PALIT GTX780 6GB +1x Asus Stix GTX1070 8GB
http://www.myline.be
enricocerica
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Rikk The Gaijin » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:17 am

Rikk The Gaijin Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:17 am
enricocerica wrote:Thanks to everyone, just made 2 prints in about 65x45cm and the result is great thank to a resolution of 5120x3200 I
Again I made several tests and finally for the albumen I went for SSS material which was the best deal, for the filament I really didn't know where to go. I tried SSS but it wasn't good, I finally used a flat plane with a smoke image with alpha channel and surprisingly the result was acceptable.

Wow, that's a brilliant solution! Again, excellent work buddy! 8-)
Rikk The Gaijin
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to M is for Metaverse Gallery