Emily

Forums: Emily
Display your final art here...
Forum rules
Important notice: All artwork submitted on our public gallery forums gallery forums may or may not be used by OTOY for publication on our website gallery.
If you do not want us to publish your art, please mention it in your post clearly. (put a very red small diagonal cross in the top left corner of the image)
Any images already published on the gallery will be removed if the original author asks us to do so.
We recommend placing your credits on the images so you benefit from the exposure too, and use a minimum image width of 1200 pixels, and pathtracing or PMC. Thanks for your attention, The OctaneRender Team.

For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.

This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Re: Emily

Postby itsallgoode9 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:09 pm

itsallgoode9 Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:09 pm
you should put a layer of geometry (with water shader) that covers the entire eyeball/tearduct which extends onto the the thickness of the eyelid. almost like shrink wrapping the entire eye. that right eyeball feels like it's just stuck into the eyelid because of this missing. small detail but it helps the eyes alot. Great looking work!

http://img04.deviantart.net/5abc/i/2006 ... k_cube.png
Intel i7-3930K, 64gb RAM, Asus X79 Deluxe mobo, 2x EVGA 780 6gb (for rendering), 1x PNY quaddro k4000 (for display)
Windows 8.1 x64, Maya 2014, Octane Render v2
itsallgoode9
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby atome451 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 pm

atome451 Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 pm
Thanks for your comments.

Jolbertoquini wrote:It's looking Really nice I start make again I was think the advise they propose just doesn't work with Octane I try but is really weird result I guess I will use more specular shader is what you use on this scene??

Yes i use mixed specular and diffuse shaders for the SSS, themselves mixed with a glossy shader. Here is a capture of my node editor. I'm on Cinema 4D R14.

emily-node-editor.jpg

itsallgoode9 wrote:you should put a layer of geometry (with water shader) that covers the entire eyeball/tearduct which extends onto the the thickness of the eyelid. almost like shrink wrapping the entire eye. that right eyeball feels like it's just stuck into the eyelid because of this missing. small detail but it helps the eyes alot. Great looking work!

http://img04.deviantart.net/5abc/i/2006 ... k_cube.png

You are right, the eyes i've made are not well. My goal was to better understand the SSS and skin. I did not want to change the supplied mesh. I will try to focus on the eyes a next time. ;)
Win10 64bits | 3x 980 + 2x 670 + 1060 | Cubix XPander + network | Core i7 3600 MHz | 32GB | 1300w PSU
Sorry for my bad english...
atome451
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Antoncromas » Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:47 pm

Antoncromas Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:47 pm
This is a pretty old topic. . . But can anyone share the modded maps again please? The links are broken.

Thanks.
Antoncromas
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby pxlntwrk » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:16 pm

pxlntwrk Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:16 pm
Antoncromas wrote:This is a pretty old topic. . . But can anyone share the modded maps again please? The links are broken.

Thanks.

I believe everything is still there> http://gl.ict.usc.edu/Research/DigitalEmily2/
all links are at the bottom of the page ;)
:::::::::::::::::
pxlntwrk.net
pxlntwrk
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Antoncromas » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:18 pm

Antoncromas Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:18 pm
pxlntwrk wrote:
Antoncromas wrote:This is a pretty old topic. . . But can anyone share the modded maps again please? The links are broken.

Thanks.

I believe everything is still there> http://gl.ict.usc.edu/Research/DigitalEmily2/
all links are at the bottom of the page ;)

Thanks, but thats not what i was looking for, i got those =)

There were links to edited eye textures by someone from the community.
Antoncromas
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to M is for Metaverse Gallery