everything finised~~

Forums: everything finised~~
Display your final art here...
Forum rules
Important notice: All artwork submitted on our public gallery forums gallery forums may or may not be used by OTOY for publication on our website gallery.
If you do not want us to publish your art, please mention it in your post clearly. (put a very red small diagonal cross in the top left corner of the image)
Any images already published on the gallery will be removed if the original author asks us to do so.
We recommend placing your credits on the images so you benefit from the exposure too, and use a minimum image width of 1200 pixels, and pathtracing or PMC. Thanks for your attention, The OctaneRender Team.

For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.

This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

everything finised~~

Postby saikafu » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:37 pm

saikafu Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:37 pm
during about 3weeks ..finally...it finished..
hope you like~~
Attachments
999999999999999999.png
saikafu
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: everything finised~~

Postby Voidmonster » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:12 pm

Voidmonster Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:12 pm
This looks good, but there are two things that stand out to me.

First and simplest, you need to decrease the aperture value. The size of the DOF blur makes the scale of your scene read completely wrong. The figure appears to be about 30cm tall. It's possible that the scene imported at the wrong scale, though, so I'd check that first.

Second, you might want to consider adding more ground detritus. The pathway looks very bare and videogame-like. I think just making some very simple branches and placing them around on the ground to break up the apparent flatness would do wonders.

Otherwise, I like it a lot. The character and the environment blend together nicely -- that guy really feels like he belongs in that place, like he came from it.
-Zak Jarvis
Rendering with Phenom X4 9550 @ 2.20Ghz, 8 gigs of ram, Win7 64bit, GeForce GTX 260 @ 576MHz, 216 core
Voidmonster
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby saikafu » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:27 am

saikafu Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:27 am
Voidmonster wrote:This looks good, but there are two things that stand out to me.

First and simplest, you need to decrease the aperture value. The size of the DOF blur makes the scale of your scene read completely wrong. The figure appears to be about 30cm tall. It's possible that the scene imported at the wrong scale, though, so I'd check that first.

Second, you might want to consider adding more ground detritus. The pathway looks very bare and videogame-like. I think just making some very simple branches and placing them around on the ground to break up the apparent flatness would do wonders.

Otherwise, I like it a lot. The character and the environment blend together nicely -- that guy really feels like he belongs in that place, like he came from it.

oh~~~thanks~~~
i will try everything that you say
thanks again~~~
saikafu
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Tugpsx » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:35 am

Tugpsx Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:35 am
Ah but that's the great thing about fantasy creatures, they can be as tall as a mountain or as small as microbe.

This character seems well adjusted, he appears to be about 2ft tall and deadly (at least enough to kill whatever skull is now displayed on his shoulder)

Great job and thanks for sharing the workflow, this developed nicely. keep up the good work.
Dell Win Vista 32 | NVIDIA Quadro NVS135M | Core2 Duo T7500 2.20GHz | 4GB
CyberPowerPC Win 7 64| NVIDIA GTX660Ti (3G) GTX480(1.5G) | 16GB
Tugpsx
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to M is for Metaverse Gallery