Seasons Greetings!

Forums: Seasons Greetings!
Display your final art here...
Forum rules
Important notice: All artwork submitted on our public gallery forums gallery forums may or may not be used by OTOY for publication on our website gallery.
If you do not want us to publish your art, please mention it in your post clearly. (put a very red small diagonal cross in the top left corner of the image)
Any images already published on the gallery will be removed if the original author asks us to do so.
We recommend placing your credits on the images so you benefit from the exposure too, and use a minimum image width of 1200 pixels, and pathtracing or PMC. Thanks for your attention, The OctaneRender Team.

For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.

This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Seasons Greetings!

Postby pegot » Wed Jan 04, 2023 5:07 am

pegot Wed Jan 04, 2023 5:07 am
Thought I’d post one of my more ambitious rendering animations I did for Christmas / New Years. It is also the very first time I tried the RNDR cloud service and I have to say I was very impressed with speed and ease of use.*

I first rendered this on my own systems - which included a 3090 air cooled and a 3080 Ti Hybrid on the main system networked with a second box housing a 3080, 3080 Ti Hybrid, and an old 1080 Ti water cooled. It took almost 9 hours.

With RNDR on Tier 2 it took less than 40 minutes and in Tier 3 (had to render again due to small mistake) just under an hour! (Tier 2 was 1000 samples but Tier 2 I dropped down to 800).

http://www.gotlibdesign.com/reel/SeasonsGreetings.html

Regular Path Tracing - I have not yet tried the new caustics engine though this would have been a good scene to use it with I think due to all the glass.

* There really should be a more efficient system for downloading the rendered files like automatic zip archive and high speed download option. It took me longer to download all my passes than it took to render them!
Win 10
3.7Ghz i9 10900k / 64GB
ASUS STRIX Z490-E
PSU: PowerSpec 850Wd
RTX 3090 Asus Tuff

Network rendering:
Win 10
4.2Ghz i7 7700k / 64GB
AsRock SuperCarrier
PSU: EVGA 1200w
RTX 3080 Ti EVGA Hybrid
RTX 3080 ASUS Tuff