Subdivision not applying

Forums: Subdivision not applying
Poser (Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Subdivision not applying

Postby Khuri » Wed Feb 22, 2023 6:59 am

Khuri Wed Feb 22, 2023 6:59 am
There seems to be a bug that disabled subdivision applying on models.

In the materials tab, on the root of a figure you can apply subdivision (Subd Level/Sharpness).

Maybe I'm doing something wrong or something has changed with one of the more recent versions, but I'm pretty sure in the past I was able to just say "Subd Level: 2" for example, and it'd apply subdivision on the model accordingly.

But now entering anything in the Subd Level/Sharpness fields just results in the render window opening (or saying it's already open). But the values in the Subd Level/Sharpness fields revert automatically back to 0. No subdivision is applied.

Using Poser 12.0.1029 and Octane plugin 2022.1.0.119
Khuri
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Subdivision not applying

Postby Erick » Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:57 pm

Erick Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:57 pm
Yes, I reported this to Paul already.
I found out a lil workaround, which lets the applied level of SD stick.

I found out, that when you put in your desired level of SD, 1 or 2 or something, you just don't hit enter (which you usually would do) but instead, in the next step, you open the pull-down menu of "Boundry Interp" (with the mouse click on the lil downwards pointing arrow) and make a change there (i.e. setting it from the default "Edge & Corner" to "None" maybe). Then you can change it back to "Edge & Corner" again, and the SD Level is applied now, to where you have set it to before. ... hope that makes a bit of a sense :lol:
Erick
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Subdivision not applying

Postby Khuri » Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:01 am

Khuri Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:01 am
Good to know that it's already been reported.

Your workaround solution does work for me, so I'll use that until the next patch. Thanks! :)
Khuri
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Poser