Poser Users - have you seen this problem with Python Shell?

Forums: Poser Users - have you seen this problem with Python Shell?
Poser (Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Poser Users - have you seen this problem with Python Shell?

Postby jwlovell » Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:29 pm

jwlovell Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:29 pm
I originally thought that my Octane plug-in was breaking but after lengthy troubleshooting with Octane support it is pretty clear the issue was something wrong with my Poser 12, in that a fresh install of Poser fixes a problem of the Python Shell loading (there is no error on launch, etc.). BUT, the very next time I open Poser (without installing ANYTHING else) I get an error
"An error occurred importing addon PythonShell :ERROR: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found."

I have to rerun the installer to fix that error, but it only lasts until the application is restarted. I can, upon the install launch of Poser, run Python fine, Octane Render is fine, etc.

Poser support has thrown up their hands they have no idea why I am experiencing this, they even offered to refund me my Poser 12 rather than pursue this further.

I'm hoping that some Poser 12 user here may have seen an error like this and found a resolution.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 Home
Version 10.0.22621 Build 22621

Poser 12.0.1029
jwlovell
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Poser Users - have you seen this problem with Python Shell?

Postby jwlovell » Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:01 am

jwlovell Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:01 am
I resolved it. I changed the properties of the Poser 12.exe to be compatible with Windows 8; also enabled it to launch as Administrator (that by itself didn’t solve it previously). I also made it change this for all users. Now it launches without error.
jwlovell
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Poser