OctaneRender 2022 for Poser [OBSOLETE]

Forums: OctaneRender 2022 for Poser [OBSOLETE]
Poser (Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Re: OctaneRender 2022 for Poser [TEST and STABLE]

Postby Erick » Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:07 pm

Erick Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:07 pm
Thanks for the update.
... and as always, much appreciated! :D
Erick
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Khuri » Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:00 am

Khuri Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:00 am
Thank you for the update!

- The "Sun Light" now sets the Sun Direction of the Planetary Environment

That might not be working still. If I choose Planetary Environment and rotate the light source that is renamed to "Daylight" automatically, it does not affect the sun position while using Planetory Environment.
Or am I missing something?

Unfortunately I'm also still getting the subdivision not working problem as described here.

The plugin does show version "2022.1.1.120" though.
Khuri
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Erick » Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:40 am

Erick Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:40 am
Khuri wrote:Thank you for the update!

- The "Sun Light" now sets the Sun Direction of the Planetary Environment

That might not be working still. If I choose Planetary Environment and rotate the light source that is renamed to "Daylight" automatically, it does not affect the sun position while using Planetory Environment.
Or am I missing something?

Unfortunately I'm also still getting the subdivision not working problem as described here.

The plugin does show version "2022.1.1.120" though.

I was finally having some time today, to play around with the 2022.1.1120 version of the plugin and yes, I can confirm, the SD issue is still present. Not even the workaround from the other thread seems to work anymore now.
Planetary Envi does work tho. It requires a scene refresh (it needed a scene refresh as mentioned somewhere, after that, switching back and forth between Daylight and Planetary Envi seems to work properly, while changing the "Daylight" in Poser, the effect was visible in the Render) .... I'm using Poser 12 still.

Edit .. hm, having switched a bit back and forth between PE, DE and TE (Texture Envi) PE didn't work anymore. After having restarted Poser, it worked again as it should.
Erick
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:00 am

face_off Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:00 am
I was finally having some time today, to play around with the 2022.1.1120 version of the plugin and yes, I can confirm, the SD issue is still present. Not even the workaround from the other thread seems to work anymore now.
Planetary Envi does work tho. It requires a scene refresh (it needed a scene refresh as mentioned somewhere, after that, switching back and forth between Daylight and Planetary Envi seems to work properly, while changing the "Daylight" in Poser, the effect was visible in the Render) .... I'm using Poser 12 still.

Edit .. hm, having switched a bit back and forth between PE, DE and TE (Texture Envi) PE didn't work anymore. After having restarted Poser, it worked again as it should.
Yes, I see the issue. My apologies. The update to python3 has created some oddities with wx.python - so when you hit enter on the subd field it is not 'sticking'. I will find a fix.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby face_off » Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:34 pm

face_off Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:34 pm
I have posted a TEST build of the plugin for Octane 2023.1 at https://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=82277&p=428156#p428156. There will be no further Octane 2022.1 builds of the plugin.

Thanks

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Previous

Return to Poser