Textures missing dialogue when loading Octane

Forums: Textures missing dialogue when loading Octane
Poser (Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Textures missing dialogue when loading Octane

Postby Khuri » Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:19 am

Khuri Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:19 am
I've recently switched to Poser 12 (Windows) and the latest Octane Version 2020.2.0.106.

From the Octane plugin in the past I've often used the function "Save Octane Nodes to Poser Material" from the materials tab, and then saved those figures/props as Poser presets or as Poser Materials.
(Using Poser 11 / past Octane versions)

When I now open such figures/props that have such Octane settings in their Material saved, upon loading Octane it prompts me to locate the "missing texture" for all of them.
The windows folder location that apparently is "missing" matches the correct path however, and when I manually navigate to the "missing" folder, the log window informs me that it "found missing texturemap".
(and the texture will show up correctly in the Octane Materials tab)

If I skip the dialogue however, it says it can not find the file, but the logfile prints the correct path/folder of the file (the path that it apparently can not find the file at).
In this case the texture will be empty in the Octane Materials tab.

Has something changed here that might trigger this situation, or can this be recreated by others?
Because as it is right now for me it is super annoying when you load a scene and get 20 or more prompts to locate a texture...

It may be noteworthy that in my particular case I have textures stored on two different drives, which may be an issue?
One is on C with the default Poser installation path, and others are on a different drive letter.
This has not been an issue however in Poser 11/past Octane versions.
Khuri
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Textures missing dialogue when loading Octane

Postby Khuri » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:01 am

Khuri Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:01 am
To clarify versions:
If I load the same figure (as mentioned with saved Octane nodes) in Poser 11 11.3.740 and Octane 2020.1.5.104 - it works just fine.
Khuri
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:40 am

face_off Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:40 am
Hi - I cannot replicate this issue.

Are you able to setup a simple scene with a cube with the Octane material saved to the Poser material when reproduces the problem, and send it to me please?

Thanks

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby Khuri » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:32 am

Khuri Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:32 am
Thank you, I've just sent you a PM with example files and a short explanation on what I've tried and how it can be reproduced for me.
Khuri
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Poser