Volumetric clouds/fog

Forums: Volumetric clouds/fog
Poser (Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Volumetric clouds/fog

Postby Nephanor » Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:40 pm

Nephanor Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:40 pm
I have been looking for some ideas on this. What I want is literally a cloud that I can play with the 'thickness' of to make it almost a fog like consistency and be able to have it look like a cloud in terms of shape. I know there's a way to do that with an entire area in the environment area, but I was looking for a much more localized area, one that I can actually see the results of a lot better. I tried using a vbd file, but that is not easy, as not only am I not able to set the size and position in Poser, but all the other settings need to be tweaked in Octane standalone as well. Looking for an in Poser solution, and hoping someone has some experience with making clouds in the Poser side with volumetrics.
Nephanor
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Volumetric clouds/fog

Postby face_off » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:53 pm

face_off Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:53 pm
I doubt there is any better way to do this than adding the .VDB file to an ORBX file in Octane Standalone, and then using that ORBX file as a proxy in the Poser plugin.

Thanks

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Re: Volumetric clouds/fog

Postby wimvdb » Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:46 am

wimvdb Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:46 am
I set up a proxy scene in Poser where i use primitives to indicate position and scale. In Standalone i then use it to texture, position and scale the openvdb object within the scene. I then create one or more orbx files for use in Poser. In the real Poser scene I load the orbx in new proxies and build the scene. When I need to modify the orbx, i do that in standalone with the proxy scene and reload that particular orbx in Poser.

It would be nice to be able to use the geometry proxy method in Poser with the nodegraph editor. That way you could edit the parameters in the Bide inspector from within the Poser environment.
Configuration: Windows 11 Pro, I9 12900K, 128GB, RTX 3090, P12 b1029
wimvdb
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Poser