Latest version Octane installed, Poser slows down?!

Forums: Latest version Octane installed, Poser slows down?!
Poser (Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Latest version Octane installed, Poser slows down?!

Postby Seaking406 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:39 am

Seaking406 Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:39 am
Greetings!

I recently added an RTX 3070 to my system, accompanying the 2080Ti and the 1st Gen Titan video cards. Previously, I had a 1080Ti which the 3070 replaced. In doing so, my rendering speeds are now HALF of what they were before. VERY impressive..

But not before upgrading and installing the latest version of Octane 2020.1.5.104 which finally permitted the RTX 3070 to be seen and accessed by the Octane software, but still not showing all the proper info...

Unfortunately, after installing the new Octane, my Poser 11 Pro software is bogging down. It feels so slow now that it's painful to use. When turning the dials, say to move an arm, the movement doesn't happen right away, and I often over-shoot where I want it to stop.. Even though it's a simply scene of just one nude character and nothing much else, the whole thing is slowed right down as if it were a 20 character scene with a lot of props and effects etc. I checked to see if there are an updates to Poser 11 Pro, and all it shows is Poser 12 which I am not keen to upgrade to...

Has anyone else encountered this? Does anyone have a possible idea as to why this is happening and more importantly, how to remedy it?

Attached is image of the settings I believe is correct but please DO correct me if I am wrong with what the settings should be. I have the monitor connected to the 2080Ti video card for other reasons.

Many thanks in advance!

Cheers
Attachments
octane001.jpg
Seaking406
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Latest version Octane installed, Poser slows down?!

Postby face_off » Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:24 am

face_off Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:24 am
You can either turn off rendered for the card that is display driver. Or try turning Render Priority to Low.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Re: Latest version Octane installed, Poser slows down?!

Postby AlexGTSArtist » Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:40 pm

AlexGTSArtist Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:40 pm
In my experience if you leave the OctaneRender Setup window open AFTER a render the video card starts to work like it's rendering even if you don't have the Viewport window opened at all.

Actually what is slow for me is the plugin itself, it's so slow to edit any number, opening any drop down menu, changing textures or even pressing the +. Material tab is the worse. I've no idea why, it gets slower and slower with every new version. Also crashes up many times, especially when I open the viewport :roll:
I've Poser 10
AlexGTSArtist
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Poser