Productivity Features

Forums: Productivity Features
Poser (Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Productivity Features

Postby spartan00j » Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:00 pm

spartan00j Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:00 pm
Hey Paul,
I just recently started using octane again after taking a break from animating for about a year-and-a-half. I wanted to request small adjustments for productivity's sake.

1. I know I asked for an undo feature when changing settings around two years ago. is that still not possible?

2. Also, I know you can right-click a texture (Or multiple) and converted to diffuse but can there be added a feature where you can convert it to any other types of materials with one click? Like if I want it to select 10 textures at the same time and convert all of them to toon materials.

3. And lastly is there a way to change one setting with all selected material nodes. For example, if I right-click on the roughness node setting value in one material node and click copy. And then I will select five other material nodes and right quick and click paste. To change all the roughness node settings of those material knows node that I selected to the value that I copied in step one. Instead of going into each material node one-by-one and changing the roughness node value.

Thanks,

P.S Good to be back and see all the great changes to the plug-in and Octane.
Win 10
Threadripper 1920x
128GB RAM
RTX 3060 TI
spartan00j
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Productivity Features

Postby face_off » Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:06 am

face_off Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:06 am
Hi

1) still not possible sorry

2) I don't think this would be viable - sorry

3) You can partially do this currently with dial linking

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby spartan00j » Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:10 pm

spartan00j Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:10 pm
face_off wrote:Hi

1) still not possible sorry

2) I don't think this would be viable - sorry

3) You can partially do this currently with dial linking

Paul

Hey, Paul
I understand your answer for 1 and 3. But I don't understand 2. How is it not viable. Or how is it viable to only convert multiple materials to diffuse materials and not glossy, metallic, mix, specular, etc.

Thanks,
Win 10
Threadripper 1920x
128GB RAM
RTX 3060 TI
spartan00j
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:34 pm

face_off Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:34 pm
Or how is it viable to only convert multiple materials to diffuse materials and not glossy, metallic, mix, specular, etc.
Can you be more specific in how you are currently converting multiple materials to Diffuse please?

Thanks

Paul
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby spartan00j » Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:47 am

spartan00j Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:47 am
face_off wrote:
Or how is it viable to only convert multiple materials to diffuse materials and not glossy, metallic, mix, specular, etc.
Can you be more specific in how you are currently converting multiple materials to Diffuse please?

Thanks

Paul

When I hold down the shift or control button to select multiple material nodes and right-click. I only can change them all to diffuse and not any other material node, like Toon, Glossy, etc.
Untitled.png
Win 10
Threadripper 1920x
128GB RAM
RTX 3060 TI
spartan00j
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby spartan00j » Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:02 am

spartan00j Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:02 am
Also about the mouse wheel move slider feature. It feels kind of weird that I have to move the mouse wheel down to move the slider up and move the mouse wheel up to move the slider down. Can you add an invert option to that feature? So when I moved up the mouse wheel the slider will go up and if I move the mouse wheel down the slider will go down.

Thanks paul
Win 10
Threadripper 1920x
128GB RAM
RTX 3060 TI
spartan00j
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:34 am

face_off Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:34 am
When I hold down the shift or control button to select multiple material nodes and right-click. I only can change them all to diffuse and not any other material node, like Toon, Glossy, etc.
Unfortunately opening this function up to convert the material to any material type is not as simple as it sounds. You can control the material type that a Poser material is converted to in OctaneDefaults.py (the GLOSSY_DIFFUSE_RATIO parameter). In addition to this, Poser materials with a "Physical Material" will be converted to Universal materials. I would have thought the Toon material would not be usable, as it really needs the Toon Lights, which the Poser plugin does not support.

Also about the mouse wheel move slider feature. It feels kind of weird that I have to move the mouse wheel down to move the slider up and move the mouse wheel up to move the slider down. Can you add an invert option to that feature? So when I moved up the mouse wheel the slider will go up and if I move the mouse wheel down the slider will go down.
The hovering of the mouse on the slider and spinning the mouse wheel behavior appears to be controlled by wx.python (the built-in python GUI), and not able to be changed, sorry.

Thanks

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Return to Poser