Animation: Refreshing geometry once instead of every frame

Forums: Animation: Refreshing geometry once instead of every frame
Poser (Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Animation: Refreshing geometry once instead of every frame

Postby Petec » Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:59 am

Petec Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:59 am
For animating with Octane where the meshes move (i.e. refresh geometry is required), I am curious as to whether there is a way to do all that on the front end or do it faster, rather than resend all the meshes (whether or not they move) from Poser to Octane with every frame change. If I recall correctly the Daz plugin seems to move between frames quite quickly, or at least compared to the Poser plugin.

In short, I would love to find a way to cut down on the wait time when refreshing geometry for animations.
Petec
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Animation: Refreshing geometry once instead of every frame

Postby face_off » Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:17 am

face_off Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:17 am
I think you are looking for a Camera-only animation? This is not currently possible with the plugin - sorry. You can however export the animation to an ORBX file and render it in Octane Standalone, which may satisfy part of your need.

Thanks

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby Petec » Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:35 am

Petec Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:35 am
Thanks Paul.

As someone with Studio subscription, do I even have access to the standalone version anymore? Also, will I have to redo materials and lighting and such with an orbx file export or does that all get carried over into standalone?

face_off wrote:I think you are looking for a Camera-only animation? This is not currently possible with the plugin - sorry. You can however export the animation to an ORBX file and render it in Octane Standalone, which may satisfy part of your need.

Thanks

Paul
Petec
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby wimvdb » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:16 pm

wimvdb Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:16 pm
Orbx keeps all material settings, I use it often when I want to have motion blur. I use the option to embed the textures in the orbx to avoid potential file reference failures.
With a Poser plugin you need a license for both the Poser plugin and for the standalone. In that case you can download the stand alone. I have no idea if it is the same with the studio subscription (but i suspect the same)

Petec wrote:Thanks Paul.

As someone with Studio subscription, do I even have access to the standalone version anymore? Also, will I have to redo materials and lighting and such with an orbx file export or does that all get carried over into standalone?

face_off wrote:I think you are looking for a Camera-only animation? This is not currently possible with the plugin - sorry. You can however export the animation to an ORBX file and render it in Octane Standalone, which may satisfy part of your need.

Thanks

Paul
Configuration: Windows 11 Pro, I9 12900K, 128GB, RTX 3090, P12 b1029
wimvdb
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:14 pm

face_off Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:14 pm
As someone with Studio subscription, do I even have access to the standalone version anymore?
Yes, just install the Octane Standalone STUDIO version.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby Petec » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:06 am

Petec Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:06 am
Thank you both, I appreciate it.
Petec
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Poser