Pz3 files will conserve Octane mat sets on another computer?

Forums: Pz3 files will conserve Octane mat sets on another computer?
Poser (Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Pz3 files will conserve Octane mat sets on another computer?

Postby AlexGTSArtist » Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:38 pm

AlexGTSArtist Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:38 pm
I've a licensed Octane computer (main computer) with a Poser scene I was working on. For personal reason I won't be home for a while and I'm using my laptop. On my laptop I don't have an octane license but I installed all octane plugins and program files.
If I open the scene on my laptop, I edit it and then I SAVE IT will this pz3 file scene conserve the material settings saved on the other licensed computer or not? Will I lose every setting? :cry:

I want, when I'll be back home, to have the scene ready for rendering on my main computer without the needing for meddling with all the materials parameters again.
AlexGTSArtist
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Pz3 files will conserve Octane mat sets on another computer?

Postby Erick » Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:07 pm

Erick Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:07 pm
If you have the Octane-Plugin open, when saving a scene in Poser (*.pz3), all the Octane-Plugin parameters will be written at the bottom of this saved *.pz3 file.
So, imo, if you transfer this file back and forth, to different volumes/hdd/ssd .. etc ... the same Octane data will be transferred along with it, as it's a part of this *.pz3 file.
Erick
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:28 am

face_off Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:28 am
I think you will need to authenticate Octane on your laptop in order to do this. I believe you can use your license of either machine, as long as to shutdown Poser on one machine before starter Poser on the other.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby AlexGTSArtist » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:20 am

AlexGTSArtist Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:20 am
face_off wrote:I think you will need to authenticate Octane on your laptop in order to do this. I believe you can use your license of either machine, as long as to shutdown Poser on one machine before starter Poser on the other.

Paul

Thanks Paul, that helped!
AlexGTSArtist
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Poser