Using Poser dials for Octane values don't work in animations

Forums: Using Poser dials for Octane values don't work in animations
Poser (Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Using Poser dials for Octane values don't work in animations

Postby Tigersan » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:20 am

Tigersan Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:20 am
I'm creating an animation, which is due tomorrow on my membership website, and I was banking
on using dials to determine values in Octane as advertised...

Namely Displacement height and offset are using separate dials in poser, and are animated to increase
over time... When i pick a single frame manually and render it everything seems to be working and corresponding
to the value set in the dial, BUT when I render an animation, got to halfway through and the displacement doesn't seem
to change at all... BUG?

[EDIT] I stopped the rendering process to investigate why isn't the displacement showing up, but after a time
I just decided, "whatever i have to have it rendered for tomorrow" so I picked up from the frame i interrupted
the rendering process. But it seems that when i start rendering from that frame now magically the displacement
shows up... It still doesnt animate it just picked up from the value it was set for that frame i resumed rendering on...

Also "mix" node doesn't work on the displacement texture when you use the material mix (two glossy and
displacement). When I try to use 2 different displacements and use mix value to determine how they mix, the
displacement doesnt show up at all both in single frame renders and animation... :/ My plan was to use Poser dial
on the mix value...

Please forward it to the development team, for a fix, because otherwise the dial feature is useless... :(
Software: Poser 11 Pro, Octane Studio 2020.1.5.104, Adobe Suite

Home Rig:
Windows 10 Pro 64
Ryzen 5900x
128GB RAM
2x Nvidia 3090
2x WD Gold 7.68TB U2 NVME

Laptop:
Windows 10 Pro 64
Intel i7 4710HQ
16GB RAM
Nvidia GTX 870m 3GB VRAM
Tigersan
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Using Poser dials for Octane values don't work in animations

Postby face_off » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:23 am

face_off Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:23 am
If you can provide a sample scene which shows this problem, I can take a closer look.

Also "mix" node doesn't work on the displacement texture when you use the material mix (two glossy and
displacement). When I try to use 2 different displacements and use mix value to determine how they mix, the
displacement doesnt show up at all both in single frame renders and animation... :/ My plan was to use Poser dial
on the mix value...
The Mix node won't work with Displacement (pls see the link in my signature for details on limitations with using Displacement maps). However you should be able to use a Baking Texture node to baking out the result of the Mix to use in the Displacement. See https://docs.otoy.com/StandaloneH_STA/StandaloneManual.htm#StandaloneSTA/BakingTexture.htm for details.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Return to Poser