Anyone using higher than V4?

Forums: Anyone using higher than V4?
Poser (Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Anyone using higher than V4?

Postby gold » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:49 pm

gold Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:49 pm
Hi,

I refuse to get caught in the Daz, ' keep buying a new figure -- so you can buy EVERY item
over again! ploy. ' How about you?

Plus, of course, do any work in Poser, or EASILY in Poser?

Will any of the new figures ever replace V4/ M4 as a go to figure?

thanks
gold
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Anyone using higher than V4?

Postby Seaking406 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:12 am

Seaking406 Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:12 am
As a Poser 11 Pro user, I find the V4 / M4 characters to be quite adequate to work with, especially with Octane and RedSpecc shaders.. Octane simply makes everything look awesome! ;) I find myself unable to simply use only Poser for any of my renders.

I started off on Poser, couldn't get the hang of DAZ for some reason, the work flow didn't appeal to me..
Seaking406
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Erick » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:37 am

Erick Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:37 am
I'm in the same boat as Seaking406.
The workflow in Poser feels just so naturally and right for me, that I don't have the urge to switch to a different software.
V4 (WM) and her alikes are still sufficient for me, even tho I'm still a bit curious to try out the G8 stuff, to see what it's all about. .... but no quite yet.
Erick
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby willdial » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:51 am

willdial Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:51 am
While all the Genesis figures require the DSON Importer to work in Poser, Genesis 1 and 2 work reasonably well in Poser.
Also, Redspec sells Octane/Poser shaders for Gen2. They are awesome as well.

Genesis 3 and 8 require a free updater from Renderosity to the expressions to work in Poser.

For me, the Genesis figures never replaced V4. They are more tools in my toolbox. In fact, I have gone the other way and started to reuse the older figures like Victoria 3, Stephanie Petite 3, and even Sydney.

Octane does make everything look awesome.
willdial
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Seaking406 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:58 am

Seaking406 Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:58 am
Oddly enough, I also started using the older models (Aiko, TheGirl4 etc) after using Octane.. it brought them back to life... funny that.. ;)

Which importer is that? I remember trying something that required you to use DAZ to create it then import it to poser, but it never worked well..
Seaking406
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby calvados » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:25 am

calvados Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:25 am
I use Genesis / Genesis2 Figure with Millennium 4(V4/M4) with Poser 11 and DSON Importer.
In-convince point is a little heavy for Figure Control, but Genesis2 has good point than Millennium 4, it is 2 Abdomen, Millennium 4 has only 1 abdomen, therefore some type of pose will make quit nu-natural result, dose not correct by any kind of morph.
Another good point if fitting of cloth, it is better than Millennium 4.
And Poser has custom Morph, it is better than DAZ Studio.

But I dose not use Genesis3, because Poser support program use very old Microsoft .net framework, and it is difficult to merge my environment, therefore Poser supoort program doze not work correctly my environment. But DAZ studio export result is well, but this rendering result is no good.
calvados
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby willdial » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:25 am

willdial Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:25 am
Seaking406, the importer is in the Renderosity freestuff at https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/genesis-3-poser-updater/76121. Also here is a webinar on how to use the tool https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEfMP7aQ-NE

The importer user .Net Framework 3.5. We tested it in Windows 8 and 10 and did not run into any errors. Like calvados said, some people do experience framework errors.

Back to the original posting. I noticed that Genesis 1 and 2 do get a little slow when loaded up with a large amount of morphs, 500 MB worth of morphs. Since the DSON Importer and Genesis figures are free, it's worth a look.
willdial
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Seaking406 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:32 am

Seaking406 Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:32 am
Thanks for the link, I'll have a look at it for sure..

I experience the same issues when using Gen2 characters with the slow downs, even with an overlock'd 8 core CPU and two high end GPUs.. I'll use the Gen2 characters for series posing renders but not for general everyday work, too slow..

thanks again.
------
After a few hours of trying to get that converter thing to work, I can't seem to make it show up in my Poser 11 Pro library.. the instructions weren't fully clear as I had to figure a few things out but that last part of conversion doesn't seem to want to catch.. It looks like I was able to create the .duf files but cannot see them in Poser even though they exist within the right folder, it simply doesn't want to show up at all..?!

It might be related to another issue currently being experienced where when I load a Gen2 character, I can't seem to change the body morphs character.. DSON appears to be working but nothing happens..

That video blog was somewhat painful to wade through.. wow. I don't profess to being able to do it better but some instructional videos are painful..

oh well.. back to V4 work etc.. ;)
Seaking406
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby gold » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:31 am

gold Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:31 am
I also started using the older models (Aiko, TheGirl4 etc)

really? what red spec set do you use? Is there a tutorial?

Red spec had free samples here for a while. I downloaded them. I also bought one
set from them. But , alas, I could never get any of them to work!

Maybe I need a video tutorial.
gold
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby calvados » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:07 am

calvados Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:07 am
> gold

Red Spec SSS is very easy use, just import to figure material by Octane for Poser Material Panel :D
But I have not knowledge of sample of Red Spec, Because it is just data product with no software, therefore it is a little bit difficult for free sample.
calvados
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Next

Return to Poser