Using 'Image adding'

Forums: Using 'Image adding'
Poser (Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Using 'Image adding'

Postby Nephanor » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:40 pm

Nephanor Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:40 pm
Okay, I have a problem which I have for multiple renders. A lot of the Poser node setups where I 'add' two textures together without modifying the original. Here are some examples.

1. I have an alpha map of an area which I want to 'glow' and then multiply it with the color to get a glow of that color in that pattern, which I can then apply to an emission node in Poser. There is, however, no way to do that in Octane that I can see. I have tied multiply, but that is only changing the size of the texture scale, NOT 'color math' multiplication. Mix also doesn't work, as it will destroy the color.

2. One of my favourite node setups for tattoos on skin is to use color math to add a tattoo to a skin texture, either a full color one, or using an alpha like above to map out just that area with any color.

Can these be accomplished in Octane's node setups? I know, for example, Emission will accept the alpha picture, but it can't change the color on the fly, you have to change the color on the alpha before you input it. As for the tattoo, I have no idea.
Nephanor
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Using 'Image adding'

Postby wimvdb » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:55 am

wimvdb Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:55 am
Use mix or material mix - depending on what you want to change.
MIx is for a simple texture variation (just the texture), material mix to vary between materials ( mix gold and glass for example).
Use the mask (transparency map) as mix value, and the two textures (or materials) as texture 1 and 2.

Example - for a tattoo:
blend2.jpg

For an emittor, use the mix in the same way: Use the mix in the texture color, mask in the value, color 1 in texture1 and color 2 in texture 2
Configuration: Windows 11 Pro, I9 12900K, 128GB, RTX 3090, P12 b1029
wimvdb
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Using 'Image adding'

Postby Nephanor » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:25 am

Nephanor Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:25 am
Aha! I didn't realize the amount could be an image too! Nice! I get the tattoo, thanks.

And the glow is working VERY nicely too! Many thanks!
Nephanor
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Poser