Saving Settings

Forums: Saving Settings
Poser (Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Saving Settings

Postby Seaking406 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:44 pm

Seaking406 Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:44 pm
Greetings.. I hope I am able to ask this question properly as I'm struggling to find the right way to ask for lack of proper terminology of the software and use.. Like so many other things, I know enough how to use Octane to get me in trouble but not enough to get me out of trouble with it ;)

Using Poser, I create a character with it's morphs, skins, hairs and clothing. I then run Octane and make a lot of changes within Octane Materials to suite my needs, using the DB things to change the textures etc. I also use a lot of the RedSpecc shaders as well for skin shaders and hairs etc.

Once the model is set up as I like it, all those Octane tweaks and settings are saved 'somewhere' with the Poser saved file (pzz) so that when I reload that same page, all those settings are there and I don't have to go through all that tediousness again..

This works great when only doing one or two models that will always appear together.. But when ever I introduce an additional model that I had already done the set up for, I have to go through the whole process again of changing the Octane Materials settings for the new character being introduced, whether or not I had already done so on another project and saved that pzz file..

What I'm hoping to find out is if I can save all those Octane Materials settings for each character build so I don't have to go through all the setting changes each time.. ??

In short, is there a way within Octane that would permit me to load one of my Poser models, and do a quick settings change pref file load kind of thing?

I know that I can "save as default" various "Settings" as in exposure, camera setings and film settings etc.. but how do so for a whole character build, is it even possible?

In doing so , it would greatly save me a lot of time.

Thanks in advance
Seaking406
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Saving Settings

Postby face_off » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:42 am

face_off Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:42 am
Hi. Octane plugin->Materials->rightclick the figure->"Save All Materials for this Figure/Prop as Poser Materials". Now save the figure as a new Poser figure in the Poser Figure Library - and the Octane Materials for that figure will be saved with the .cr2 and reloaded when you next add that figure to a scene.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Re: Saving Settings

Postby Seaking406 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:28 am

Seaking406 Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:28 am
Ahh finally! That works nicely, thank you! I had been looking for this solution for a while.. Many Thanks!

Oddly enough, here's how it works for me..

After building my model up with the hair clothing and other accoutrements and make all my Octane materials changes required, if I select just her figure as directed and save that character as a whole group into the Figures library, only the model's body will have it's Octane Materials settings saved..

however, if I select the 'shoe' for example, and then save the shoe as a whole group (which includes the model, the hair and other accoutrements) into the Figures library, everything Octane settings will be saved. When I load the model (or the shoe in this case), the model, hair and other accoutrements will all have their Materials settings load up for the next render.. Just what I needed for most of my projects.

Bottom line is that now everything can be saved with the octane settings.. once!

Cheers
Seaking406
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Poser