Animation z-Depth

Forums: Animation z-Depth
Poser (Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Animation z-Depth

Postby ArminBeier » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:54 pm

ArminBeier Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:54 pm
Hi
I want to render the z-depth pass along with the beauty pass when rendering animations, so that I can add depth of field and bokeh in postwork.
Usually I activate the depth pass and choose multilayer exr (in blender) to do this.
In octane for Poser I also activate the z-depth pass and choose EXR All Passes, but the z-depth pass isnt visible. Also tried any other EXR format, but I don't get that pass correctly. When I save it as png. separatly it works.
The other passes seem to work.

But I dont know how to render animations with z-depth.

Can someone help me with that?
thanks
CPU: i7-4770 @3,40GHz
Mainboard: Z87-Deluxe
GPU: 2x GTX980 Ti Hybrid
RAM: 32GB
HD: 250GB SSD
ArminBeier
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Animation z-Depth

Postby face_off » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:28 am

face_off Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:28 am
In octane for Poser I also activate the z-depth pass and choose EXR All Passes, but the z-depth pass isnt visible. Also tried any other EXR format, but I don't get that pass correctly. When I save it as png. separatly it works.
When I try this in both the Poser plugin, and Octane Standalone, the z-depth pass displays in djv_view as all white. I am unsure exactly why this is, or if it is functioning correctly or an Octane bug. The z-depth pass differs from most other passes in that it is a single float per pixel rather than an RGB value - so it might be the djv_view application which is not interpreting it correctly.

May I suggest exporting the animation to ORBX, then loading it into Octane Standalone, and rendering the animation from there to multi-pass exr, where you will see the problem. Then you can ask Otoy if this is a bug or not.

Thanks

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Return to Poser