import poc file in standalone app

Forums: import poc file in standalone app
Poser (Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

import poc file in standalone app

Postby GGBB » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:18 pm

GGBB Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:18 pm
Hello

Is it possible to use a figure material preset (.poc file) generated in poser plugin in octane standalone. Or is it specific to the plugin? Same for a .p file?

Thank you
GGBB
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: import poc file in standalone app

Postby face_off » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:53 pm

face_off Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:53 pm
Yes, .poc is specific to the plugin. To load a material from Poser into Octane Standalone, rightclick the material in the Poser plugin and "Copy Material To Clipboard" or "Export ORBX Material to LocalDb" and then paste or load from the LocalDb in Octane Standalone.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby GGBB » Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:34 pm

GGBB Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:34 pm
Thanks for your prompt reply. It works perfectly.
GGBB
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby GGBB » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:30 pm

GGBB Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:30 pm
Another question regarding a function that I like in the poser plugin and that I can't find in the standalone version.

I would like to save a material collection attached to a character and then load the same collection to another character. I would like the same behavior as when you do in Poser plugin "Export all materials for this figure/prop" and then "Import all materials for this figure/prop". I have tried the packager in standalone but I can't find a solution as simple as in poser plugin.

Thanks
GGBB
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:55 pm

face_off Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:55 pm
I would like to save a material collection attached to a character and then load the same collection to another character. I would like the same behavior as when you do in Poser plugin "Export all materials for this figure/prop" and then "Import all materials for this figure/prop". I have tried the packager in standalone but I can't find a solution as simple as in poser plugin.
Hi - I cannot do this directly in Octane Standalone, however you might be able to hack it by 1) Loading your Poser figure into Octane Standalone (after exporting from Poser), 2) Add a Material Map node between the figure's geometry and the Object Layer Map, 3) connect all the Material nodes for the figure to the Material Map and disconnect them from the Mesh node, and 4) select all the Material nodes and the Material Map and "Group" them so they are in a separate node graph. That node graph can then be copy/pasted and connected to other Mesh nodes and the entire material collection will be copied with it.

Paul
Attachments
standalone material collection.png
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Return to Poser