Live DB materials scaling

Forums: Live DB materials scaling
Poser (Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Live DB materials scaling

Postby Seaking406 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:05 pm

Seaking406 Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:05 pm
Greetings, I'm attempting to use Live Db materials to cover a larger surface in Octane and would like to scale down the pattern.. not sure how best to explain this but if trying to cover a surface with a wood pattern, it comes out looking excessively large (zoomed image) but I cannot seem to find how to reduce this effect? Say I wish to cover the floor surface with one of the wood planking available in Live Db, the boards come out looking like they are 4 feet wide instead of 4 inches wide..

Thanks in advance.
Seaking406
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Live DB materials scaling

Postby wimvdb » Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:24 pm

wimvdb Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:24 pm
Seaking406 wrote:Greetings, I'm attempting to use Live Db materials to cover a larger surface in Octane and would like to scale down the pattern.. not sure how best to explain this but if trying to cover a surface with a wood pattern, it comes out looking excessively large (zoomed image) but I cannot seem to find how to reduce this effect? Say I wish to cover the floor surface with one of the wood planking available in Live Db, the boards come out looking like they are 4 feet wide instead of 4 inches wide..

Thanks in advance.

Click on the material in the plugin. Then in the lower section of the plugin window there is a button callled Scale texture maps.. Press it and a slider will appear. Decrease or increase it as you like. It will update all he scales of the textures inside that material
Configuration: Windows 11 Pro, I9 12900K, 128GB, RTX 3090, P12 b1029
wimvdb
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Live DB materials scaling

Postby Seaking406 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:40 pm

Seaking406 Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:40 pm
wimvdb wrote:
Seaking406 wrote:Greetings, I'm attempting to use Live Db materials to cover a larger surface in Octane and would like to scale down the pattern.. not sure how best to explain this but if trying to cover a surface with a wood pattern, it comes out looking excessively large (zoomed image) but I cannot seem to find how to reduce this effect? Say I wish to cover the floor surface with one of the wood planking available in Live Db, the boards come out looking like they are 4 feet wide instead of 4 inches wide..

Thanks in advance.

Click on the material in the plugin. Then in the lower section of the plugin window there is a button callled Scale texture maps.. Press it and a slider will appear. Decrease or increase it as you like. It will update all he scales of the textures inside that material

Ahh yes! thank you! I had been looking for that for a while..

Cheers!
Seaking406
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Poser