LIVE DB, how often can you use?

Forums: LIVE DB, how often can you use?
Poser (Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

LIVE DB, how often can you use?

Postby Seaking406 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:44 am

Seaking406 Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:44 am
Greetings, after a lot of experimentation and searching through various articles on how to use Live DB, I've encountered a bit of an issue that I'm not sure if it is a limitation or a bug within Octane?!

Poser Game Dev or Poser 11 pro with latest Octane:

When setting up my scene within Octane, I go to Live DB to change some items in the scene.. after a while the Live DB won't come up at all..? Is there a limit as to how many times you can call for it within a project or has it completely stopped, ergo a bug / error? Even on items I previously selected and changed.. Now it won't come up at all..

Thoughts?
Seaking406
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: LIVE DB, how often can you use?

Postby face_off » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:32 am

face_off Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:32 am
When setting up my scene within Octane, I go to Live DB to change some items in the scene.. after a while the Live DB won't come up at all..?
Are you getting some sort of error message when the LiveDb window doesn't appear?

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Re: LIVE DB, how often can you use?

Postby Seaking406 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:17 pm

Seaking406 Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:17 pm
Hi, no sort of error message, it would simply not show anything and simply continue chunking away at the render.. real slow..

However, I think I stumbled across as to why it was doing this and as far as I would think, it's not software issue.. more of a time issue..

I had selected a previous item from the Live DB and got it to load into the scene (changing a clothing materiel to something else for example).. after having a look at what it looked like in the render, I would try another item from the Live DB but then nothing would come up when clicking on Live DB..

The software hadn't yet finished processing my first call to Live DB so it couldn't bring it up again until it had finished the first call.. (does that make sense?) At this time I also noticed how much slower the PC responded to things until the software and LIve DB finished talking to each other.. and then once cleared, Live DB was accessible again, and PC response was normal again..

Makes sense to me now..

now need to find out how to render / show more realistic hair.. ;)

Starting to get the hang of this now.. fun stuff.. Slowly but surely!

Thanks
Seaking406
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Poser