OctaneDefaults.py and Plugin "Save to Default"

Forums: OctaneDefaults.py and Plugin "Save to Default"
Poser (Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

OctaneDefaults.py and Plugin "Save to Default"

Postby Khuri » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:32 am

Khuri Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:32 am
Hi,

I'm using Octane 3.0.20.73 (64 Bit).

My question is, how many of the options presented in the OctaneDefaults.py are actually used?
The file itself is still from v2, altough some of the settings seem to get properly loaded while others seem to be ignored when loading the Octane Plugin in Poser.

Settings I've tried to change and which work:
- RESOLUTION_PRESETS (added custom resolutions)
- SkinNodeTemplate (changed default Bump Poser)

Not working:
- # Kernel defaults settings (all seem to have no effect)
- # Imager defaults settings (also none seems to have any effect)

Defaults within the Plugin in Poser:
I made changes within the Plugin in Poser and then do a right-click on Rendertarget -> Save as Default.
Upon closing Poser and reopening it and the Plugin, the previous Defaults (Plugin Defaults) are loaded again, and I have to right-click Rendertarget -> Load from Default to get back the settings I've previously stored as default.

There seems to be a little inconsistency on what is a default value and what not.
I can see that the two above mentioned working changes in the PY-file make sense to work (since one is an array of values to select and the other used for the conversion of materials), whereas others might better be configured through the Plugin.
However, is there a way to make the "Saved as Default"-Values the actual defaults that load when I fire up the plugin first time (or is it planned to be implemented in a future release), or do I have to "Load the Defaults" each time?
Or is it an intended feature, so one can not mess up the settings if new options are added to the plugin itself? :)
Khuri
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: OctaneDefaults.py and Plugin "Save to Default"

Postby face_off » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:18 am

face_off Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:18 am
My question is, how many of the options presented in the OctaneDefaults.py are actually used?
All are used except DEFAULT_IMAGE_POWER and SAVE_PREVIOUS_RENDER_SAMPLES which I have moved to the end of the file in the next release.

Not working:
- # Kernel defaults settings (all seem to have no effect)
- # Imager defaults settings (also none seems to have any effect)
These values are used if you don't have a default rendertarget (ie. you haven't yet clicked "Save as Default" on the render settings tree).

I made changes within the Plugin in Poser and then do a right-click on Rendertarget -> Save as Default.
Upon closing Poser and reopening it and the Plugin, the previous Defaults (Plugin Defaults) are loaded again, and I have to right-click Rendertarget -> Load from Default to get back the settings I've previously stored as default.
This can happen if you have saved Octane values to the default Poser scene. Edit->General Preferences->Launch to Factor Scene to ensure this is not happening.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Re: OctaneDefaults.py and Plugin "Save to Default"

Postby Khuri » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:36 pm

Khuri Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:36 pm
Thanks for the info.
The Poser default scene is the problem as you mentioned, I changed and saved the default Scene and it works! :)
Khuri
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Poser