Help with old Poser file - Octane version

Forums: Help with old Poser file - Octane version
Poser (Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Help with old Poser file - Octane version

Postby bpzen » Thu May 22, 2014 5:27 pm

bpzen Thu May 22, 2014 5:27 pm
Hi Paul and anyone else who might help :)

I have an older Poser file I rendered with I think version 1.2 or even older (Last July). I want to open this file and use the set up, props , figures etc... and render with the latest version of Octane.

Is it possible, to unlink the poser file with the older Octane saved set up, basically let poser and octane 1.5 think this is new and I can re set up the materials in poser again??

The other option is to revert back 2 or 3 version sof Octane, I don't want to do that if possible :)

Any help on his would be appreciated.

Thanks
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Win 7 64bit, Titan 6 Gig and GTX770 4Gig, Intel 3.75GHZ, 24Gig RAM, Poser 2014 patched
bpzen
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Help with old Poser file - Octane version

Postby face_off » Thu May 22, 2014 11:14 pm

face_off Thu May 22, 2014 11:14 pm
It should open and render in the new plugin fine. You have two options:

1) Render with 1.5 WITHOUT reconverting all the Poser materials to Octane materials, in which case the scale of some of texturemaps might be incorrect, or

2) Render with 1.5 after reconverting all the Poser materials to Octane materials (in 1.5), in which case all Octane materials will be returned to their default.

You could also do 1) and reconvert any materials were the scale of the texturemaps is wrong.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Re: Help with old Poser file - Octane version

Postby samhal » Fri May 23, 2014 6:41 am

samhal Fri May 23, 2014 6:41 am
I've successfully opened and re-rendered several poser scenes created in 1.2 in 1.5 so this is very doable like Paul says above.

The biggest thing (to me) was the change in how HDRI is used...1.5 has new options concerning HDRI that will need redoing your HDRI setup.

Sam
i7 6800K (6 core), 24 GB, GTX 1080 8gb, Titan X 12gb
samhal
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Poser